cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible support from Asus

kathampy
Level 7
I RMAed my PG278QR and it hasn't been fixed or refunded for almost 2 months. They took 1 month to tell me that there is no replacement part and I will be refunded instead. I've waited almost another month for the refund and there is still no news from them.

Now I neither have the monitor or my money back. If anyone from Asus is interested in resolving this, I'll PM the case details.
15 REPLIES 15

Bill
Level 7
kathampy wrote:
I RMAed my PG278QR and it hasn't been fixed or refunded for almost 2 months. They took 1 month to tell me that there is no replacement part and I will be refunded instead. I've waited almost another month for the refund and there is still no news from them.

Now I neither have the monitor or my money back. If anyone from Asus is interested in resolving this, I'll PM the case details.

Hello
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

kathampy
Level 7
PM sent.

Bill
Level 7
Hello kathampy
Thank you for your PM. I've passed your info to our local personnel
Thank you

kathampy
Level 7
I have only received a partial refund for my brand new monitor, because the service centre did not have stock to replace it.

1. I paid Rs.67480 for the monitor, as shown in the invoice.
2. An Asus representative told me that I would be refunded for the monitor.
3. I received a cheque for only Rs.55900. It seems I'd misunderstood the amount discussed over the phone. I contacted the representative again and he said the price is lower because Asus is not responsible for the retailer's margin.

Either way this isn't a fair resolution. The monitor was defective out of the box. It's unaccepteble to make the customer suffer a loss of Rs.11580 for a warranty claim on a brand new product.

The product is under warranty and it's Asus' responsibility to repair, replace, or provide a refund to purchase a new product. It's not the customer's concern what margin the retailer had on the product, because buying a new one will still cost the same.

Bill
Level 7
Hello kathampy
Thank yo for your post
I'll ask our personnel to take care of your case
Thank you

kathampy
Level 7
I've not heard back from anyone yet.

kathampy
Level 7
Another week with no contact from Asus.

kathampy
Level 7
Can I please have some concrete information on what Asus intends to do about this case? The monitor was defective out of the box and it should be treated as Dead On Arrival. I should be given a replacement or a full refund. You cannot treat it as if I’m returning a used product after several months for a partial refund.

kathampy wrote:
Can I please have some concrete information on what Asus intends to do about this case? The monitor was defective out of the box and it should be treated as Dead On Arrival. I should be given a replacement or a full refund. You cannot treat it as if I’m returning a used product after several months for a partial refund.

Hello kathampy
Sorry for the long wait
I already contacted our local personnel and informed them about this matter.
They should be in contact with you soon, thank you