cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable u.2

masterac
Level 8
does any one know how to turn it off ? or does it turn off itself when the m.2 is being x8 ? becasue i can't switch to x8 with the m.2, the board will just restart until it undo by itself the change i made.

what the hell is wrong here ?

asus rep ? anyone ?
2 REPLIES 2

Wobbler
Level 7
"The U.2 connector shares bandwidth with the M.2_1 socket, Adjust the BIOS settings to use U.2 devices."
"The PCIE_X8/x4_4 slot shares bandwidth with U.2. In 4-Way configuration, if the PCIE_X8/x4_4 is used in x8 mode, U.2 port will be disabled."

So from those I figure the the last PCIe slot needs to be set to x4 mode for the m.2 slot under the heat blanket to work, but that doesn't seem to be mentioned. Oh and threadripper support PCIe 3.0 x4 for m.2 devices.

Wobbler wrote:
"The U.2 connector shares bandwidth with the M.2_1 socket, Adjust the BIOS settings to use U.2 devices."
"The PCIE_X8/x4_4 slot shares bandwidth with U.2. In 4-Way configuration, if the PCIE_X8/x4_4 is used in x8 mode, U.2 port will be disabled."

So from those I figure the the last PCIe slot needs to be set to x4 mode for the m.2 slot under the heat blanket to work, but that doesn't seem to be mentioned. Oh and threadripper support PCIe 3.0 x4 for m.2 devices.

you didn't read, i want the m.2 to run at x8, i am not using u.2, and i don't get why the mobo is refusing me to turn on x8