cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Type C port Dead?

vpkb1998
Level 7
The first time I used this port, plugging the cable into my phone, the OS froze but the port still works after a reboot. Now, it's completely dead, what do i need to check? This motherboard has random issues, from CPU errors, to RAM, to VGA BIOS etc...
4 REPLIES 4

Wobbler
Level 7
Now if you can remove the motherboard and check the solder points back of the board near the USB-c IO port. My first MB had those solder points bridged(older post somewhere in here), while the replacement didn't, so that might be more common problem and cause issues so warranty replacement might be in order.

masterac
Level 8
vpkb1998 wrote:
The first time I used this port, plugging the cable into my phone, the OS froze but the port still works after a reboot. Now, it's completely dead, what do i need to check? This motherboard has random issues, from CPU errors, to RAM, to VGA BIOS etc...

bios seem to be the main reason of failure, i will do a reflash, but without any new version we are stuck with this one

mine off and on randomly a reboot usually fixes it (801) trying 804 tomorrow

*also make sure to push it in all the way I think the first few times I tried it I didn't realize I was pinching the io shield with my cord

pasty2k2
Level 7
There are I believe 2 settings for USB C power delivery within the Advanced menu somewhere, did you change either of those from Auto?