cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PG279Q Promo Assassin's Creed Origins Problem...Please help.

Balitor
Level 7
Good morning everyone. I am new here so please bare with me. I purchased a PG279Q Monitor from Best Buy on November 17th and it came with a code for Assassin's Creed: Origins. I received the Asus code for the game shortly after the monitor shipped. I followed the directions in the email for redeeming the actual game code (created Asus VIP account). Unfortunately, for me to redeem the code I needed the serial number of the monitor which wouldn't arrive for another week. I finally received the monitor and went back to the Asus page specific to this promo. Turns out the promo ended while my monitor was still en route.

I have contacted Best Buy 5 times with them promising I would receive a new code within 24 hours. They have told me that 5 times and I don't have anything from them. I contacted Asus and they told me to come here. I really don't know what else to do. I love the monitor and it was nice to get a free game but this is ridiculous.

Perhaps someone here who is knowledgeable could point me in the right direction? I just want to play the damn game lol

I appreciate the help in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Balitor
Level 7
I actually just received an email from best buy with the same exact code and instructions on redemption. No matter how much I try to explain to them that the promo is expired, they are sending me the same exact thing.

Balitor wrote:
Good morning everyone. I am new here so please bare with me. I purchased a PG279Q Monitor from Best Buy on November 17th and it came with a code for Assassin's Creed: Origins. I received the Asus code for the game shortly after the monitor shipped. I followed the directions in the email for redeeming the actual game code (created Asus VIP account). Unfortunately, for me to redeem the code I needed the serial number of the monitor which wouldn't arrive for another week. I finally received the monitor and went back to the Asus page specific to this promo. Turns out the promo ended while my monitor was still en route.

I have contacted Best Buy 5 times with them promising I would receive a new code within 24 hours. They have told me that 5 times and I don't have anything from them. I contacted Asus and they told me to come here. I really don't know what else to do. I love the monitor and it was nice to get a free game but this is ridiculous.

Perhaps someone here who is knowledgeable could point me in the right direction? I just want to play the damn game lol

I appreciate the help in advance.

xeromist
Unfortunately the AC:O promo had a limited number of codes and it appears ASUS has run out since it was a "while supplies last" promotion. If the code you got was an ASUS redemption code then it's probably too late. If it's actually the game key then you would just need to enter it into Uplay.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Yeah my experience with Asus: limited number of codes and it appears ASUS has run out.. Both cash back and game keys..