ASUS Motherboards Statement on Intel ME/TXE Advisory

https://www.asus.com/News/wzeltG5CjYaIwGJ0
6 REPLIES 6

Three_of_Twelve
Level 7
Superbowl wrote:
ASUS Motherboards Statement on Intel ME/TXE Advisory

https://www.asus.com/News/wzeltG5CjYaIwGJ0

Why is the Maximus VIII not listed in the table of the Z170-Mainboards. Have ASUS forgotten this Mainboard?

Three of Twelve wrote:
Why is the Maximus VIII not listed in the table of the Z170-Mainboards. Have ASUS forgotten this Mainboard?

It's there now.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It's there now.

Where can I find the Maximus VIII Extreme ME-Update? I haven't found it on the list or on the Mainboardspecific support-page. Have you a link?

Three of Twelve wrote:
Where can I find the Maximus VIII Extreme ME-Update? I haven't found it on the list or on the Mainboardspecific support-page. Have you a link?

You're right, I don't see the Extreme either. If they post an update it should be on the product page.

Not sure why they don't have one. It could be taking longer to update because the Extreme is different or maybe it's not susceptible for some reason? Have you run Intel's tool?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Three_of_Twelve
Level 7
Yes I have and it Shows me that i have the ME-Version 11.6.10.1196 and that i have my me have the security-problem.
So, what can i do to update the me, because ASUS didn't do any update for my Board.

Three of Twelve wrote:
Yes I have and it Shows me that i have the ME-Version 11.6.10.1196 and that i have my me have the security-problem.
So, what can i do to update the me, because ASUS didn't do any update for my Board.

If you have not already, contact ASUS support. It could be they are aware of the omission from the list, or they may not. Either way it would be enlightening to find out. I can't imagine it will stand for long with only one board out of an entire lineup missing so you could wait and see but I'd ask anyway.