Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Enthusiast Array

what that i think thats messing me up is that the cpu vcore goes down let say i set it to 1.53v i can see that in the rc tweaker it idles at 1.48v to 1.51 and up and down, i never see it stay near 1.53v, do u think offset will help (maybe i dont understand well how off set work)

ROG Enthusiast Array

i dont want to make another thread for this one, but i was messing with the vcore and i was able to keep it stable at 5.0ghz with 1.56v, i idle at 35c and at load i am at 48c, is that good can i keep my cpu at 1.56v?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Mate that is pretty high for a a 5GHz overclock regardless how good your water cooling is.

I think you just have to accept that your CPU is not all that great voltage wise. You might find like I did with one of my SB CPU's which needed 1.6 volts just to boot into OS at 5GHz it clocked all the way up to 5.75GHz with 1.634 - so maybe your is a good clocker but just loves voltage.

Me I would be happier with less volts for a 24/7 rig.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I dont quite get it... .When I was running 1.55-1.6v you guys said I was crazy more or less with that kind of voltage.

And here we are recommending 1.53v and more! .. I mean can the cpu handle it in the long run? I have a great waterloop and want max power out of it... IF IT IS safe to run that high voltage I want to! But earlier I was recommended not to !

So whats the verdict here? Just volt on! as long as watercooling or what?

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Mate that is pretty high for a a 5GHz overclock regardless how good your water cooling is.

I think you just have to accept that your CPU is not all that great voltage wise. You might find like I did with one of my SB CPU's which needed 1.6 volts just to boot into OS at 5GHz it clocked all the way up to 5.75GHz with 1.634 - so maybe your is a good clocker but just loves voltage.

Me I would be happier with less volts for a 24/7 rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by lassek View Post
    I dont quite get it... .When I was running 1.55-1.6v you guys said I was crazy more or less with that kind of voltage.

And here we are recommending 1.53v and more! .. I mean can the cpu handle it in the long run? I have a great waterloop and want max power out of it... IF IT IS safe to run that high voltage I want to! But earlier I was recommended not to !

So whats the verdict here? Just volt on! as long as watercooling or what?
    Um I am certainly not recommending those kinds of voltages mate.

Super Moderator Array

the guy is trying to hit his holy grail, but his cpu needs the volts to hit it, i can point he makes the choice if its worth the high voltage

ROG Enthusiast Array

this is my goal and i want thanks shamino and HiVizMan for the help they have giving me, i want to be able to run 5.0ghx stable to run benchmarks, and for 24/7 (gaming) i have it stable at 4.8ghz at 1.45v is that a ok 1.45v for 4.8ghz? but yeah thats what i am doin.

All good brother - I like the idea of shooting for the moon every now and then.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4