cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elmb

Dmitriy957
Level 7
Can ASUS please provide a clear informatiion how ELMB works? Should i get AMD card for this or what card i does not matter?
4 REPLIES 4

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I assume you are referring to an XG or MG series monitor, in which case it is better to pair with an AMD card so you can use Adaptive-Sync if you wish. ELMB works by matching the frame rate and the refresh rate, so that they are always fixed at a high rate. G-Sync and Adaptive-Sync on the other hand will match both (frame rate and refresh rate) but change dynamically according to how fast your graphics card allows.

Dmitriy957
Level 7
I had two g sync monitors in past year and i don't need g sync. It's useless above 100 hz. And i must pay for g sync 200 $. But the ulmb or elmb will be good. I willing to buy xg27vq and i need to know how elmb will work. It will work with nvidia card? I know that Samsung monitor on the same panel can strobe.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
There are some trade-offs when using ULMB/ELMB, the reason why G-SYNC was useless for anything above 100Hz is because your graphics card couldn't churn out more than 100fps.

ULMB/ELMA can produce a fast and clear picture in games at all times which is great - but you need the graphics card(s) to do it. While it is possible to use ELMB on your new XG27VQ to sync at 85/100/120Hz, you need to make sure the graphics card can also pump out frame rates to match that at all times. But it's very likely that you'll need to use Adaptive-Sync for some intensive game titles such as PUBG. Keep in mind that frame rates can fluctuate dramatically, and if the frame rate dips below the refresh rate that you set, it doesn't sync anymore and you may run into trouble -
Adaptive-Sync prevents that from happening.

If you're still in the market for a graphics card then consider one that allows Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync, so at least you have the option when you need it. It is not easy for graphics cards to pump out frame rates over 100fps for all games. If your budget allows a true beast, Adaptive-Sync and G-Sync allow for a higher ceiling (>120Hz).

ELMB will work with both AMD and Nvidia graphics cards. ULMB is Nvidia only.

Dmitriy957
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS

Thanks! Now i can buy it!