cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD Screen doesn't work

Quozzo
Level 7
My LCD screen on the side of the rear IO hasn't come on since I got the R6E. I'm not sure if I need to install some software or if its an option in the BIOS but it just doesn't work. The LEDs do light up so at least there is some power going through the board. Oddly though, there was only a plastic peel on the side of the IO. I would have thought it would be around the ROG logo on the M.2 cover but there was non. Was I given a second hand board with a faulty LCD screen?
5 REPLIES 5

FireRx
Level 11
yeah you might want to talk to online support on that one. that should come on as soon as you start the computer and it goes though all it's checks. What UEFI Bios version do you have installed?
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

I use 0802 and although I've got 1002 on the other chip it doesn't come on with that either.

Yeah, you got a faulty board. Neither BIOS settings nor any software is needed for the OLED panel to work.

OK Thanks. I'll start the RMA.

So I took back to get it repaired and the guy simply said "yup it's broken" and since they had some in stock I got a brand new one there and then. Plugged it in and everything works. :cool: