cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha: How do you turn off the dock's LED [Cannot - Sync/Batt Indicator]

vil-2
Level 9
Hi there,

everything is in the title. When I use the mouse on wireless mode, there is this huge green LED glowing on the dock. I don't want it to be on all the time, I dont need the dock to tell me that I have still some battery left...How do you turn it off? Please don't tell me it's not possible...
23 REPLIES 23

xeromist
I don't know that it can be toggled. Personally I just use black tape on various LEDs around my home that are unnecessarily bright. I know it's not elegant, but it works.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I don't know that it can be toggled. Personally I just use black tape on various LEDs around my home that are unnecessarily bright. I know it's not elegant, but it works.

Not elegant, but effective. 🙂

Requests have been submitted but unless there are more than a couple of people asking, dock lighting will likely remain as is. Thanks for the feedback.

We do believe that it's best to have at least one type of connectivity/power indicator on without activating Battery lighting mode. Also, the dock is intended to be within the user's peripheral vision. For people who don't want the Battery lighting mode to be active at all times, the indicator is the only way to determine if the Spatha has been charged when docked.

Please don't let this dream die! A stealth mode would be greatly appreciated. Probably even more so if I could choose what the color is for each state. A blindingly bright green LED right in the center of my setup sure throws off my look lol.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The LED cannot be turned off since it also serves the purpose of letting you know that the the mouse is connected. I have talked to the team about a 'stealth' mode, brightness setting, and RGB. What do you guys think? Do you just want to turn it off? Turn down the brightness? or a matching color?

That'd be awesome. Currently I'm using a profile that I activate with DPI + Btn9 that sets all the lights to off. On top of that the charging dock has blutac over the charging light. Now I can sleep at night 😛

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The LED cannot be turned off since it also serves the purpose of letting you know that the the mouse is connected. I have talked to the team about a 'stealth' mode, brightness setting, and RGB. What do you guys think? Do you just want to turn it off? Turn down the brightness? or a matching color?

That would be perfect to have a stealth mode. By default the LED is unnecessarily bright, not a problem in daytime but really annoying in the dark.
Turning it off would be ideal of course (I can check the connection with the software, don't think I need a LED in my face 24/7!)

Dicehunter
Level 10
@Asus please let us change the colour of the LED on the dock, I get that it's a sync indicator but it would be nice to be able to change colours, I'd love to have it red to match my theme and maybe flashing red when the battery is low, Signal, Sync etc... with it being green it looks incredibly out of place.

Pretty please with ROG cherries on top 😉

I would also love to be able to customize this LED. The ideal situation would be to be able to customize it in the Armoury, so that one can create their own profile, like:

Example 1:
30-100%: Static Red
10-30%: Pulsing Red
0-10%: Flashing Red

Example 2:
50-100%: Static Green
20-50%: Pulsing Yellow
0-20%: Strobing Red

It is almost embarrasing how much I would appreciate this feature, right now there are like 200 red LEDs all over my side of the desktop and just as many blue ones on my girl's side, and then there is this green eye-sore breaking the combo 😛 If it's just a matter of software it seems like a rather simple fix.

Dicehunter
Level 10
Yeah I'd love this aswell ! 🙂