cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fx553vd performance problem after bios update 304

SupremeMaster
Level 7
I had to write this to here since it is sunday and support is not working. Did anybody also got performance degradation after this new bios update ? I certainly have 10-15 less fps on rainbow six siege's own fps counter. It was fixed to 60 or 50 before i did the update today. And now i see drops to 30. Can anybody confirm or have a solution for this ?

edit: Also i got +5 seconds longer on boot time
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
SupremeMaster wrote:
I had to write this to here since it is sunday and support is not working. Did anybody also got performance degradation after this new bios update ? I certainly have 10-15 less fps on rainbow six siege's own fps counter. It was fixed to 60 or 50 before i did the update today. And now i see drops to 30. Can anybody confirm or have a solution for this ?

edit: Also i got +5 seconds longer on boot time

Have you tried to load default after update the BIOS?
Please press F2 to the BIOS mode at boot time, press F9 to load default setting, then press F10 to save setting and exit the BIOS mode, then confirm whether there will be a similar situation occurred.

OnePiece@ASUS wrote:
Have you tried to load default after update the BIOS?
Please press F2 to the BIOS mode at boot time, press F9 to load default setting, then press F10 to save setting and exit the BIOS mode, then confirm whether there will be a similar situation occurred.

I can't actually. Since after bios update it also resets the options itself. And disables the CSM support. It makes my boot options disappear. That is why i am also enabling CSM supportmanually. Plus i disable intel virtual technologies since i am not running any virtual desktops or vmware.

dibs47
Level 7
Have you successfully resolved the issue ? i am also going through same patch , when i bought ASUS FX 553VD(i5 7300hq, 1050,8gb) initial game play on siege, dishonour 2 was butter smooth, but recently the performance was deteriorating where i had 70-80 steady but game play was kind of choppy, when i searched some one posted cpu over heating and GPU heating, so check the temp and it was around 70-88 even after i reduced max cpu usage from 100-95 percent(basically reducing cpu speed) , so i handed over to one Asus service center as my audio also stopped working , they closed the ticket no RMA-INYHJ30147) claiming issue has been resolved.Sound issue was totally resolved but when i start playing siege the fps 80 was getting dropped to 60, 50 and back forth with terrible screen freezing which make impossible for me to play, tried another game also like mafia 3 which i was getting 40-50 steady fps now dropped to 10-30 ....I then changed os, tweaked game setting , and formatting hard-disk and it was same issue, so i returned laptop to service center,,Its been almost 20 days and yet the service team is unable to identify the issue, they tried to close my issue stating it relate to particular game /bench marking was ok but i went there and installed same games on almost same spec lap with only different cpu(I7-7700) and was getting steady fps with butter smooth game play with out any screen freeze, post which they said we had replaced entire board even cpu and gpu together and issue cannot be relate to hardware based, now i am kind of stuck at no mans land, i have requested them to degrade the bios version but even that not fixing issue, please help me...

dibs47 wrote:
Have you successfully resolved the issue ? i am also going through same patch , when i bought ASUS FX 553VD(i5 7300hq, 1050,8gb) initial game play on siege, dishonour 2 was butter smooth, but recently the performance was deteriorating where i had 70-80 steady but game play was kind of choppy, when i searched some one posted cpu over heating and GPU heating, so check the temp and it was around 70-88 even after i reduced max cpu usage from 100-95 percent(basically reducing cpu speed) , so i handed over to one Asus service center as my audio also stopped working , they closed the ticket no RMA-INYHJ30147) claiming issue has been resolved.Sound issue was totally resolved but when i start playing siege the fps 80 was getting dropped to 60, 50 and back forth with terrible screen freezing which make impossible for me to play, tried another game also like mafia 3 which i was getting 40-50 steady fps now dropped to 10-30 ....I then changed os, tweaked game setting , and formatting hard-disk and it was same issue, so i returned laptop to service center,,Its been almost 20 days and yet the service team is unable to identify the issue, they tried to close my issue stating it relate to particular game /bench marking was ok but i went there and installed same games on almost same spec lap with only different cpu(I7-7700) and was getting steady fps with butter smooth game play with out any screen freeze, post which they said we had replaced entire board even cpu and gpu together and issue cannot be relate to hardware based, now i am kind of stuck at no mans land, i have requested them to degrade the bios version but even that not fixing issue, please help me...

I forgot to mention something on the private message, i am now using bios v306 which can be obtainable from GLV553 support site. I don't know if it helps the performance. But you can try this version too.

SupremeMaster wrote:
I forgot to mention something on the private message, i am now using bios v306 which can be obtainable from GLV553 support site. I don't know if it helps the performance. But you can try this version too.

Hey, did you try to get the nvidia driver update or any other update from the gl553vd support site? If so, Are they working perfectly and have zero problems?
I'm also using the fx553vd (and mine is stuttering like hell), but the gl553 has an updated support page (probably since it has the rog name). Installing drivers from nvidia gets me bsod so I want to stick to manufacturer updates, but the fx553vd has old updates.

Thanks