Thread: OLED Dead

New ROGer Array

OLED Dead

The OLED display (LiveDash) never worked on my board and the AURA lighting never remembers its setting and needs to be reset after every reboot.

Any ideas? I have the latest AURA firmware and running the 804 UEFI.

ROG Member Array

LiveDash is a separate firmware to AURA I think, have you tried flashing with an older firmware for it? I think its done from within Windows.

I haven't peeked under the IO shield myself yet but it must connect to the motherboard somehow, perhaps check the physical connection is OK/look for any burned out components or bridged solder points on the OLED's board, if it's easily accessible.

I haven't used AURA yet so can't help there apart from basic troubleshooting - is Windows a fresh install for this motherboard - what version of Windows are you running - is it up to date (creators update)? Try a fresh install if you can, download it direct from Microsoft and create a fresh USB installer, if you haven't already, I've found upgrading windows to the Creators Update version leaves it in a bit of a state, but fresh installs are fine.

New ROGer Array

Took a closer look and it is displaying but the backlight for the display is dead.

ZONITIUM Array

If it has never worked then it has to be RMAed. Probably you got a bad display from the start. Did it ever lit up?