cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLED Dead

Eric_Lajoie
Level 7
The OLED display (LiveDash) never worked on my board and the AURA lighting never remembers its setting and needs to be reset after every reboot.

Any ideas? I have the latest AURA firmware and running the 804 UEFI.
3 REPLIES 3

pasty2k2
Level 7
LiveDash is a separate firmware to AURA I think, have you tried flashing with an older firmware for it? I think its done from within Windows.

I haven't peeked under the IO shield myself yet but it must connect to the motherboard somehow, perhaps check the physical connection is OK/look for any burned out components or bridged solder points on the OLED's board, if it's easily accessible.

I haven't used AURA yet so can't help there apart from basic troubleshooting - is Windows a fresh install for this motherboard - what version of Windows are you running - is it up to date (creators update)? Try a fresh install if you can, download it direct from Microsoft and create a fresh USB installer, if you haven't already, I've found upgrading windows to the Creators Update version leaves it in a bit of a state, but fresh installs are fine.

Took a closer look and it is displaying but the backlight for the display is dead.

jiMMyoNewAy
Level 7
If it has never worked then it has to be RMAed. Probably you got a bad display from the start. Did it ever lit up?