ROG Member Array

USB Type C Port not working

Hello

Title says it

I have a Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard. Options activated in BIOS, drivers up to date, but my Type C port at the back of the PC doesnt' work. Cannot charge devices nor use storage disks. The 3.1 Type A (the red one located on the side of the Type C port) works as expected, though.

I have looked for other drivers versions (I think it is the Intel USB 3.1 drivers, right?) but cannot find anything useful. Also Windiows 10 tells me the Intel USB drivers are up to date, cannot find more recent files.
    The same goes for the Asus drivers page: There are only updates for ASMeddia USB ports, but I can't find anything regarding Intel ports.

Am I missing something? I need this port to work!

Thanks
    Last edited by vil-2; 12-03-2017 at 11:35 AM.

ROG Member Array ttony PC Specs
    ttony PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700k
    Memory (part number)2x8GB Hyperx DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB
    MonitorBenQ G2000W
    Storage #1Samsung 850 evo 250GB
    Storage #2Seagate SV35.5 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler CPU Scythe Ninja 3 rev. B
    CaseNZXT 530 Phantom
    Power SupplyCorsair CS750M
    Keyboard Redragon Yaksa Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Zalman ZM-M400
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterTP-LINK Archer C7

I had the same problem as you, the type C doesn't work neither the The 3.1 Type A. For me, the windows drivers or other drivers from elsewhere doesn't work, only the old one from asus website.
    The Type C port runs from ASMedia chip. So you need those drivers.
    I found a fix is to install the older version the the ASMedia drivers from asus site, not sure if can help you but you can try to uninstall and install different version of the driver.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by vil-2 View Post
    Hello

Title says it

I have a Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard. Options activated in BIOS, drivers up to date, but my Type C port at the back of the PC doesnt' work. Cannot charge devices nor use storage disks. The 3.1 Type A (the red one located on the side of the Type C port) works as expected, though.

I have looked for other drivers versions (I think it is the Intel USB 3.1 drivers, right?) but cannot find anything useful. Also Windiows 10 tells me the Intel USB drivers are up to date, cannot find more recent files.
    The same goes for the Asus drivers page: There are only updates for ASMeddia USB ports, but I can't find anything regarding Intel ports.

Am I missing something? I need this port to work!

Thanks
    Hi, i am having the same issue as you. only the type C port is not working while the others is fine. My board is Max formula X and guess it was due to recently BIOS, drivers, windows update that broke the port.
    My asmedia driver version are 1.16.43. tried updating to 1.16.49 but it couldn't let me install.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the same problem with a G752VSK, sorry I know it's not the same model but still an Asus machine. I've tried updating the BIOS, deleting all usb drivers, updating intel drivers. Cannot get the USB-C port to work, very disappointing.

New ROGer Array adrian_arg PC Specs
    adrian_arg PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x570 TUF Gaming Wi-FI
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3800x
    Memory (part number)PVS416G320C6K
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RX570 Rog Strix 8GB
    Sound CardAudient ID14
    MonitorSamsung 23"
    Storage #1XPG Gammix S50 1TB
    Storage #2Western Digital Black 2TB+1TB+1TB
    CPU CoolerStock Wraith RGB + AeroCool
    CaseAeroCool Aero-800