Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Type C Port not working

vil-2
Level 9
Hello

Title says it

I have a Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard. Options activated in BIOS, drivers up to date, but my Type C port at the back of the PC doesnt' work. Cannot charge devices nor use storage disks. The 3.1 Type A (the red one located on the side of the Type C port) works as expected, though.

I have looked for other drivers versions (I think it is the Intel USB 3.1 drivers, right?) but cannot find anything useful. Also Windiows 10 tells me the Intel USB drivers are up to date, cannot find more recent files.
The same goes for the Asus drivers page: There are only updates for ASMeddia USB ports, but I can't find anything regarding Intel ports.

Am I missing something? I need this port to work!

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

ttony
Level 7
I had the same problem as you, the type C doesn't work neither the The 3.1 Type A. For me, the windows drivers or other drivers from elsewhere doesn't work, only the old one from asus website.
The Type C port runs from ASMedia chip. So you need those drivers.
I found a fix is to install the older version the the ASMedia drivers from asus site, not sure if can help you but you can try to uninstall and install different version of the driver.

luexi
Level 7
vil-2 wrote:
Hello

Title says it

I have a Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard. Options activated in BIOS, drivers up to date, but my Type C port at the back of the PC doesnt' work. Cannot charge devices nor use storage disks. The 3.1 Type A (the red one located on the side of the Type C port) works as expected, though.

I have looked for other drivers versions (I think it is the Intel USB 3.1 drivers, right?) but cannot find anything useful. Also Windiows 10 tells me the Intel USB drivers are up to date, cannot find more recent files.
The same goes for the Asus drivers page: There are only updates for ASMeddia USB ports, but I can't find anything regarding Intel ports.

Am I missing something? I need this port to work!

Thanks

Hi, i am having the same issue as you. only the type C port is not working while the others is fine. My board is Max formula X and guess it was due to recently BIOS, drivers, windows update that broke the port.
My asmedia driver version are 1.16.43. tried updating to 1.16.49 but it couldn't let me install.:(

Dalski
Level 8
I have the same problem with a G752VSK, sorry I know it's not the same model but still an Asus machine. I've tried updating the BIOS, deleting all usb drivers, updating intel drivers. Cannot get the USB-C port to work, very disappointing.

Were you able to find any solution?

Hi, any progress on this issue? i've just build a new pc using ROG strix z390-f board, and my type c port won't work as well.
new post solution: turns out the issue is in the bios settings, at the advanced box search for the usb settings and change usb3.1 settings to enabled rather than auto. Thanks!

Dalski wrote:
I have the same problem with a G752VSK, sorry I know it's not the same model but still an Asus machine. I've tried updating the BIOS, deleting all usb drivers, updating intel drivers. Cannot get the USB-C port to work, very disappointing.

Latest from Microsoft are Asmedia v1.16.61.1 released May 2020
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=asmedia

Download the CAB file. Extract it with 7-Zip. Use the Device Managed to point the existing Asmedia to the extracted folder. It should update if it is supported and begin working once again.