cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 0804

xxBOOSTYxx
Level 7
Is any one using this?? hoping it helps to get the speed up with 8 dimms populated. anyone know why the agesa is so old??
4 REPLIES 4

St4v0
Level 7
I've asked a few times about the agesa being so old and got no reply so far so good luck on that one.

I gave it a quick trial run and went back to 801 promptly. NVMe RAID doesn't seem to be supported (no option to even enable it under AMD PBS) and it didn't seem to address any issues I was having (PCIEX8/X4_4 switching in particular, which they stated is fixed :rolleyes: )

Also I couldn't run my memory at 3200MHz anymore. Went back to 801 for now.

DemonOfElru wrote:
I gave it a quick trial run and went back to 801 promptly. NVMe RAID doesn't seem to be supported (no option to even enable it under AMD PBS) and it didn't seem to address any issues I was having (PCIEX8/X4_4 switching in particular, which they stated is fixed :rolleyes: )

Also I couldn't run my memory at 3200MHz anymore. Went back to 801 for now.

Out of curiosity, do you have anything in PCI-E 4 at the moment? If yes, does the PCI stay at 8x if the device is removed before switching it?

Nope. The only occupied slots are PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_3 with 2xRX Vega 64. I can't take one card out to try it out either since the entire thing is water cooled and it would mean disassembling the GPU loop just to test, which at this point I really don't feel like doing. Everything runs somewhat OK so the less I tinker with it the better I think 😄