cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front panel not working

vizor
Level 7
Hey, is there any fix for the completley screwed up sonic studio, or whatever else is the cause of not at all or randomly not seeing the front panel audio output? I'm really starting to regret buying this board because of this. Switching between speakers and headphones is really pain with this board...
5 REPLIES 5

skellattarr
Level 10
buy a creative evo+ card it works well for me just have to disable audio in bios
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

skellattarr wrote:
buy a creative evo+ card it works well for me just have to disable audio in bios

Thats how we fix this board issues?...

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
I always found the output jacks (front and rear) were combined. So the rear jack was automatically muted when a jack was inserted into the front panel. There was a option to change the functionality of this sonic studio smewhere. Can't remeber exactly, as I have had a soundcard for a while so haven't used sonic studio.

skellattarr
Level 10
try this new driver that I found on overclockers.net http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/30810 its on the second post
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

GeorgeKps
Level 7
vizor wrote:
Hey, is there any fix for the completley screwed up sonic studio, or whatever else is the cause of not at all or randomly not seeing the front panel audio output? I'm really starting to regret buying this board because of this. Switching between speakers and headphones is really pain with this board...

Try this. Uninstall every Realtek driver by doing this:
1. Device manager
2. Right click Realtek > Uninstall (Tick "Delete the driver software for this device")
3. Restart pc

Do this until there's no option to delete the driver software.

Install the driver from Asus. Restart. Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager (doubleclick on the speaker, NOT the Windows though). When the panel opens, go to the gear icon on the top right. Click > Option. There, select the HD Audio Front Panel and you have the choice to separate the input jacks (if you want)