cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Computer No Display

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Hey All,

Put my new beast together tonight but I have a problem, nothing is displaying on any of the screens.

Everything inside the case lights up and the fans on the GFX Card start spinning when it turns on then stop shortly after and nothing will display on any of the three screens.

The first screen is connected through DVI, the Second HDMI and the third is using a Display Port to DVI cable.

My specs are as follows
I7 7820X
Asus Rampage 6 Apex
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb
Asus Strix 1070ti
All brand new today.

I have connected the extra power to the GFX card although there is only one connector not two like on my old 980 Poseidon. The computer is turning on, there is just nothing displaying on the screens
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
When a system isn't working start by removing everything you don't absolutely need. So remove all but one stick of memory, disconnect all storage, use a single display, etc. If you still have your Poseidon I'd also try swapping that in.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Went down to a single stick of ram and same problem.

Took out my 1070ti and plugged in the poseidon and the same thing, computer boots but nothing is displayed on the screen.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Good news, I resolved the issue, it appears my motherboard may have a faulty PCI E socket. I moved the card down to the next slot and it worked fine.

Too bad I have to go to work now so I can't play with it 😞

xeromist
Glad to hear progress, sorry to hear it might be a defective board. 😞
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
That's ok, it's brand new so I'll just send it back to the vendor (The perks of working for the reseller :D) just means I'll be without it for a couple days 😞

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
So I've come home from work and done some inspection into my problem, turns out the motherboard has a rather large hestsink towards the back of the PCI E slots which is stopping the GFX Card from fitting in completely due to a slight bulge at one end of the heatsink moving the card down one PCI slot avoided this bulge and resolve the issue

Silver Wolf wrote:
So I've come home from work and done some inspection into my problem, turns out the motherboard has a rather large hestsink towards the back of the PCI E slots which is stopping the GFX Card from fitting in completely due to a slight bulge at one end of the heatsink moving the card down one PCI slot avoided this bulge and resolve the issue

I haven't heard of any mechanical conflicts with this board and graphics cards. The card may touch the PCH heatsink, but it should still go home. Out of interest, have you tried the board outside the chassis to see if the card will seat properly in the slot? Wondering if something else is causing this. When you do use the top slot, which POST code does the system halt at?

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
I don't get a post code, I don't get any output to the screen at all, the system boots but there is no display at all.

I haven't tried it outside the case though, but there is literally nothing else in its way and I can feel it not going all the way in to the slot

Menthol
Level 14
Like Raja says I can't imagine the motherboard not being compatible with all GPU's, I have had to slightly bend the bracket where you screw it to the case on a Video card to get it to seat fully, it doesn't take much to not make full contact, could you please take a closer look to verify