cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G50v Oled Screen?

supermoverbros
Level 7
Hello,

Does anyone know how to get this OLED small screen working? Its a cool feature. I thought it was burned out, so i bought another one, but its still not working. So its a driver issue im sure. I have windows 10 now. The old drivers are for windows vista. Can this be the problem?

Can someone help me get this going again?
1 REPLY 1

danwat1234
Level 9
supermoverbros wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know how to get this OLED small screen working? Its a cool feature. I thought it was burned out, so i bought another one, but its still not working. So its a driver issue im sure. I have windows 10 now. The old drivers are for windows vista. Can this be the problem?

Can someone help me get this going again?

It is common for the G50V , G50VT laptop green OLED screens to go out after a few years. Mine has been out for about 5 years I think! At the same time that happened, the blue LED strips around the touchpad also got very dim and has stayed that way still today. The ones on the screen lid are still at full brightness though. The driver board for those are within the lid by the inverter at the bottom.
So, perhaps whatever caused the touchpad LEDs to dim, is preventing the screen from working?
I liked the screen too, but wears out within a few years..