cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had a blue vertical line show up on my monitor how to fix ?

ng4ever
Level 7
It is a ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27"
Less than a day old.

Sorry for bad picture quality.

https://i.imgur.com/t2nMZvA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HoQiiq3.jpg
12 REPLIES 12

xeromist
Reseat the cable and restart everything. If it persists, return it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is that when G-SYNC is enabled? Please also test both HDMI and DisplayPort.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Is that when G-SYNC is enabled? Please also test both HDMI and DisplayPort.

Yes but I did try turning off G-SYNC. I did test both HDMI and DisplayPort. Same problem.

Bill
Level 7
Hello ng4ever
Please try out xeromist and MasterC's tips
If the issue persist, please return it. It may be a defective unit
Thank you

I tried both tips and it didn't fix it 😞 Thanks

My question is what option do I have if the store I got it from doesn't receive anymore ?

I really want to get another one that is fixed or this one fixed. What options do I have please?

If it is a RMA how long does that take? Also do I ship back just the monitor or everything ? (cables and manual too)

ng4ever wrote:
I tried both tips and it didn't fix it 😞 Thanks

My question is what option do I have if the store I got it from doesn't receive anymore ?

I really want to get another one that is fixed or this one fixed. What options do I have please?

If it is a RMA how long does that take? Also do I ship back just the monitor or everything ? (cables and manual too)

It's a day old and the store doesn't accept returns? I wouldn't buy from such a place. But now that you have it yes you would have to RMA through ASUS. Turnaround time varies depending on how close you are to a service center and whether they have a replacement on hand but usually it's pretty quick. Many people have reported less than a week but some have reported much more. You just need to contact ASUS support to setup an RMA and they may be able to give you an estimate.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It's a day old and the store doesn't accept returns? I wouldn't buy from such a place. But now that you have it yes you would have to RMA through ASUS. Turnaround time varies depending on how close you are to a service center and whether they have a replacement on hand but usually it's pretty quick. Many people have reported less than a week but some have reported much more. You just need to contact ASUS support to setup an RMA and they may be able to give you an estimate.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes the store does accept returns the problem is there is no more in stock right now.

What should I do? Wait for the retailer I bought it from to have more in stock or RMA to Asus ? (Is Cross shipping a option at Asus?)

ng4ever wrote:
What should I do? Wait for the retailer I bought it from to have more in stock or RMA to Asus ? (Is Cross shipping a option at Asus?)

I'm not sure if cross-shipping is an option for monitors. You might want to ask Support.

Another option would be to return it to the store for a refund and then use the money to purchase from another store that has one in stock. Keep in mind that RMA will get you a defect-free monitor but it might be another RMA that has been repaired. So if you are a stickler about it being brand new the only way to guarantee that is to get one from a retail store.

Oh, and usually when you send something for RMA you only send the bare product without accessories as that's usually what they send back.