cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG PG279Q Black Screen

IiAreAndy
Level 7
I bought the Asus ROG PG279Q and when I first connected it to my old desktop, the monitor would randomly display nothing after a few minutes of usage. I tried it with both the Display port and HDMI cable provided with the monitor. I thought it was because my GPU couldn't handle the monitor, so since I was in need of a desktop upgrade, I decided to upgrade my desktop completely with all new parts. Even after building my new desktop, the monitor would display nothing after a few minutes of usage. I could be playing a game or just browsing the web and it would completely turn blank and become unresponsive to anything, OSD, power butt, mouse clicks or keyboard strokes. The LED on the stand would remain lit and the power button would still light red. This happens with both the HDMI and Display port. I have updated all my drivers for Nvidia, all the driver and tools from the Asus ROG PG279Q support page. The only way for me to get a display again after it blacks out is to disconnect the power cable, wait a few seconds and reinsert the power cable. Even though it would show the display, after about 30-40 minutes of usage, it would repeat itself again.

Specs:
Ryzen 7: 1700x
Asus Crosshair VI Hero
EVGA Supernova 850 P2
EVGA 180ti FTW3

4 REPLIES 4

Bill
Level 7
Hello IiAreAndy
Have you tried it on other computers?
Any error messages you can share with us?
If the issue persist, please return your monitor if you can, or RMA it.
Our engineers will assist you
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello IiAreAndy
Have you tried it on other computers?
Any error messages you can share with us?
If the issue persist, please return your monitor if you can, or RMA it.
Our engineers will assist you
Thank you

I have tried it with my old desktop and my new desktop. The monitor showed the same problem on both desktops. *

I tried DDU and reinstall the latest drivers and even DDU again and installed the previous driver and still have that black screen. Is there a chance that it might be a bad power adapter? My monitor doesn't have any BLB or noticed and IPS glow, so I don't want to RMA it and get a worst display back. Any advice?

Edit: The screen would go completely black, no mouse cursor or anything. The LED on the monitor stand would continue to be lit red and right underneath the power button the LED would be of this color.

cljustin
Level 8
It sounds like a bad power adapter to me.