cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME Update - Failure

DevBiker
Level 7
Trying to run the ME Update tool and no dice.
First, I ran into the "Can't open ASIO.sys" error message. Ugh. Found the YouTube video and got past that (using another version of AsIO.dll in the folder for the ME tool).
Now, however, I'm getting a message to "Please update the latest BIOS first ."
Running Maximus IX Hero with BIOS version 1009, which is the latest version available on the Asus site.
I am not running AISuite. I did at one point but got tired of its shenanigans and went through many contortions to get it fully uninstalled.
I am running Aura 1.05.25 (and, based on what I've seen here, not planning on going to 1.05.27).
The BIOSInfo.ini file that gets created when running the MEUpdateTool is, essentially, blank.
Running Windows 10, FCU.

How can I get this update applied? I've noticed that the FW folder seems to have the Intel update tool ... can I just run ver64.bat?

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

FrogB
Level 7
how do you change the .dll? i have the same error on a fresh windows 10 instal.

DevBiker
Level 7
I had to dig through old versions of various Asus tool installers to find a copy of ASIO.sys. IIRC, it was a relatively recent version of Aura.

zoomIT
Level 7
DevBiker wrote:
First, I ran into the "Can't open ASIO.sys" error message. Ugh. Found the YouTube video and got past that (using another version of AsIO.dll in the folder for the ME tool).
Running Maximus IX Hero with BIOS version 1009, which is the latest version available on the Asus site.
I am not running AISuite. I did at one point but got tired of its shenanigans and went through many contortions to get it fully uninstalled.
I am running Aura 1.05.25 (and, based on what I've seen here, not planning on going to 1.05.27).
The BIOSInfo.ini file that gets created when running the MEUpdateTool is, essentially, blank.
Running Windows 10, FCU.

How can I get this update applied? I've noticed that the FW folder seems to have the Intel update tool ... can I just run ver64.bat?

Thanks in advance.

As I understand it we'll have to until next year where Asus will be releasing a proper fix (in form of a BIOS update) to the Exploit that has caused all this. This does not explain why Asus have posted a ME Update Tool that doesn't work. My guess is that it is to used at later date. But still - not cool!!

The YouTuber ThioJoe did a fairly good video with a few tips on where to look for more info and he included some good links in his video description.
Sorry I can't remember more, but there is more @ Intel's web site on the Exploit problem and pending solutions etc.
Buy all in all, no fix before 01/2018 😕

Hope this will "help" a bit.

We're almost in Feb 2018, where's this update?

zoomIT wrote:
As I understand it we'll have to until next year where Asus will be releasing a proper fix (in form of a BIOS update) to the Exploit that has caused all this. This does not explain why Asus have posted a ME Update Tool that doesn't work. My guess is that it is to used at later date. But still - not cool!!

The YouTuber ThioJoe did a fairly good video with a few tips on where to look for more info and he included some good links in his video description.
Sorry I can't remember more, but there is more @ Intel's web site on the Exploit problem and pending solutions etc.
Buy all in all, no fix before 01/2018 😕

Hope this will "help" a bit.

Ignoring concerned customers. GREAT.

Princeplanet
Level 7
DevBiker wrote:
Running Windows 10, FCU.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try using a clean boot? That worked for me on another computer.

b46558
Level 7
Where's the UPDATE?

b46558 wrote:
Where's the UPDATE?

**** the customer. **** the customer. **** the customer.

ME UPDATE is still broken on the z270i downloads page. what is going on???