cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME driver problem

kleveri
Level 7
Hello everybody.
I have a problem with Intel Managment Engine Interface.
First I installed MEUpdateTool and my ME FW in BIOS was 11.8.50.3399, after that I rebooted the computer and tried to install MEI driver 11.7.0.1040, but failed - "this platform is not supported".
Now my computer is starts for a long time - about 40 seconds, and does not turn off - it freezes with code 04 when turned off. At the same time, after turning on the computer works fine, but to shut down I have to turn off the power.

Now that I have:
i6700k
Maximux Hero VIII
Window 10 PRO x64

Also, my build worked without any problem for one year, but now i dont know what to do.

What i tried:
1) Clean windows setup (Win 10 home)
2) Instal Chipset driver
3) Delete AI SUITE
4) Update BIOS to 3504 (but withiout flash)
5) Starts PC without GraphicCard
6) I tried to install older MEI drivers, but only one result - "this platform is not supported"

I wont buy new MB, because i only update ME FW =((
5 REPLIES 5

emsir
Level 8
kleveri wrote:
Hello everybody.
I have a problem with Intel Managment Engine Interface.
First I installed MEUpdateTool and my ME FW in BIOS was 11.8.50.3399, after that I rebooted the computer and tried to install MEI driver 11.7.0.1040, but failed - "this platform is not supported".
Now my computer is starts for a long time - about 40 seconds, and does not turn off - it freezes with code 04 when turned off. At the same time, after turning on the computer works fine, but to shut down I have to turn off the power.

Now that I have:
i6700k
Maximux Hero VIII
Window 10 PRO x64

Also, my build worked without any problem for one year, but now i dont know what to do.

What i tried:
1) Clean windows setup (Win 10 home)
2) Instal Chipset driver
3) Delete AI SUITE
4) Update BIOS to 3504 (but withiout flash)
5) Starts PC without GraphicCard
6) I tried to install older MEI drivers, but only one result - "this platform is not supported"

I wont buy new MB, because i only update ME FW =((

If you look carefully you will see that you tried to update a newer version of ME. You have installed this newer ME driver from a third party place and by that you create problems for your self. Next time you update ANYTHING remember to get the latest drivers from your vendors support page and not from a third party place.

emsir wrote:
If you look carefully you will see that you tried to update a newer version of ME. You have installed this newer ME driver from a third party place and by that you create problems for your self. Next time you update ANYTHING remember to get the latest drivers from your vendors support page and not from a third party place.

Thank for you time. But I took this MEUpdateTool and ME driver from official site.*

edit: I think you *mixed up something. 11.8.50.3399 - it’s ME FW on bios side, 11.7.0.1040 - it’s MEI driver on OS side. All of that I took on official site. But first I use MEUpdateTool and update ME FW and after rebooting got a problem.*

Sorry, English is not my *native language.*

I tried everything I could, but I didnt have a result. Still need advice howto fix

Hi. ASUS gave me the solution.
1. You need update bios (3504) with *USB FlashBack Bios!!!!!!!!!!!
2. After updating you need use CLR_CMOS
3. Install Intel MEI driver on clear OS.*

It work! *

kleveri wrote:
Hi. ASUS gave me the solution.
1. You need update bios (3504) with *USB FlashBack Bios!!!!!!!!!!!
2. After updating you need use CLR_CMOS
3. Install Intel MEI driver on clear OS.*

It work! *

Thank you very much, this solution works.