cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCLK Frequency for Early Power On

NIK111
Level 7
Doing some tweaking in my Z270 Apex today and wonder what is the FCLK Frequency for Early Power On .It is on auto now and has 400 800 and 1 Ghz settings.Should this setting be left on auto or on one of the tweak settings.
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
FCLCK is your system agent clock multiplier.
The only time you need to jack with that is if you are moving the BCLCK up to like 125 then you want to move that down to keep the correct multiplier so you can keep the system agent clock at 1GHz.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

NIK111
Level 7
Right on..Thanks for the info..My BCLCK is at 100 so I will just leave it on auto...

NIK111 wrote:
Right on..Thanks for the info..My BCLCK is at 100 so I will just leave it on auto...

Yes I stay at 100Mhz for the most part. Other thing dont like the change. Ive had it to 104 then saw things like my 10G ethernet connection moving traffic like a dial up modem.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Nate152
The BCLK does overclock pretty far with kabylake, as Jusin's saying it's the BCLK X FCLK = System Agent clock.

The highest I'm able to get the system Agent clock stably is 1600MHz....

For 100 BCLK you can set the FCLK to 1000MHz which = 1000MHz System Agent clock
For 200 BCLK set the FCLK to 800MHz which = 1600MHz System Agent clock
For 300 BCLK set the FCLK to 400MHz which = 1200MHz System Agent clock

Here's a video with the BCLK at 312.50, the Bus clock is the BCLK.