cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Asus Rampage X99 V 10 Anniversary Edition replacing with the same model

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
My question is do I need to reinstall windows 10 or should I be good to go?
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi reaperOneSix

Welcome to the ROG forum.

You should be good to go as it's the same motherboard with the same drivers.

thanks

Vlada011
Level 10
And what if Rampage V Extreme is replaced with Rampage V Edition 10.
I see ask for Windows activation again.
What is with drivers? I replace only ASMedia driver from Rampage V Edition 10 site for USB 3.1.
Now I look how motherboard Breath in different lights and I think what to do, new OS, or not.

ASUS, AURA is on market... how long?
I didn't even think that software is not capable to uninstall with normal proces to customer update on newer version.
Pleace launch some uninstall utility or something, people struggle on net. I mean it's not big deal is it newer or little older software but some people like newest drivers.

Vlada011 wrote:
And what if Rampage V Extreme is replaced with Rampage V Edition 10.
I see ask for Windows activation again.
What is with drivers? I replace only ASMedia driver from Rampage V Edition 10 site for USB 3.1.
Now I look how motherboard Breath in different lights and I think what to do, new OS, or not.

ASUS, AURA is on market... how long?
I didn't even think that software is not capable to uninstall with normal proces to customer update on newer version.
Pleace launch some uninstall utility or something, people struggle on net. I mean it's not big deal is it newer or little older software but some people like newest drivers.

When I upgraded from the R5E to the R5E10, I reinstalled Windows just to have a fresh OS. But that's just me. lol

Menthol
Level 14
If your copy of Windows is retail you can call the activation service and activate it on a another board, or you can purchase a key code on some software sites for $20 to $40 U.S.
There is an Aura uninstaller available

Vlada011
Level 10
Thanks, I always do such things, in my country is for 14-15euro possible to find serial for Windows 10 and similar price for Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Can you send me link for uninstaller AURA.

Menthol
Level 14

Menthol wrote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5ZVBfED6aLM2Y1QjhYYjhtNmM/view

Ive done auto activation without having to call in by just selecting the changed hardware option.

The keys you buy from the software sites for $20 are all recycled OEM keys and may or may not work for a single installation. I went that route once and they even gave me a Third key when the first two failed but later when I need to reinstall it wouldn't work. Not worth the hassle IMO. Spend $10K building a rig, whats $200 for retail copy of Win 10 Pro that will reactivate over and over with MAJOR hardware changes? Ive had to use the chat only once and they did the same as they do with a call in.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vlada011
Level 10
Good.
If you google, it's very hard to notice that something like that exist at all.