cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Extreme freezing

Freaker99
Level 7
Hello!

I have built a new pc but having trouble getting it to run stable. It freezes and after hard reboot it sometimes gets stuck in a boot loop, sometimes boots without a problem. After freeze i have noticed that the red cpu led stays lit, no error code on the motherboard.It also freezes in bios and in memtest when booted from usb. Ihave already replaced my psu and tried the ram sticks one at a time in different slots.Nothing has been overclocked and it doesnt matter if the memory runs in xmp or in manual setup. I am really stuck troubleshooting and would greatly appreiciate help.

Specs:
Asus Maximus VIII (Latest bios)
Intel I7 7700k
Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 - CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R
Samsung 120gb SSD
Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming

Edit: Forgot to mention, cpu cooler is CM Evo 212 and temps never exceed 70 degrees celcius.
2 REPLIES 2

aceisme
Level 10
Freaker99 wrote:
Hello!

I have built a new pc but having trouble getting it to run stable. It freezes and after hard reboot it sometimes gets stuck in a boot loop, sometimes boots without a problem. After freeze i have noticed that the red cpu led stays lit, no error code on the motherboard.It also freezes in bios and in memtest when booted from usb. Ihave already replaced my psu and tried the ram sticks one at a time in different slots.Nothing has been overclocked and it doesnt matter if the memory runs in xmp or in manual setup. I am really stuck troubleshooting and would greatly appreiciate help.

Specs:
Asus Maximus VIII (Latest bios)
Intel I7 7700k
Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 - CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R
Samsung 120gb SSD
Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming

Edit: Forgot to mention, cpu cooler is CM Evo 212 and temps never exceed 70 degrees celcius.

Maybe try and remove the CPU, check for bent pins and put CPU back in.

Pins are ok ,going to switch every part individually. Will post here when I find out where the issue lies.
Edit: Issue was caused by too much pressure from cpu cooler or dead mobo battery.
Not entirely sure by which, but everything seems to be running fine now.