cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my Laptop (GL702VM) into Samsung TV

MikkoAA
Level 7
Seems like there's problem with trying to cast the image on my new MU6195 Samsung TV.

It appears that it's because windows 10 and the graphics card don't work together well enough.

First I tried connect with HDMI cable and I got image occasionally appearing couple of seconds with wrong resolution, then it kept blinking blank screen and my computer screen like every 15 seconds.

I tried connect with the Cast option with wireless and screen just goes black and computer says 2nd screen is not connected.

I had my girlfriends old laptop (upgraded to Windows 10) which was able to connect to TV via wireless and didn't seem to have any problems, my phone can connect to TV without trouble (Sony Xperia Xz Premium) and for some reason my computer just shutters and fails when attempting to connect.

Something wrong with my graphics card (GTX 1060) drivers (v. 388.43) perhaps?

Please fix this! I beg you!
4 REPLIES 4

MikkoAA
Level 7
Also I didn't have no problem connecting older HD TV using HDMI cable ever, everything run super smooth. Now it just blinks when attempting to connect and fails immediately with Wireless Cast and takes couple tries with HDMI and fails.

MikkoAA
Level 7
Here's how the process goes:
Windows bottom right Box: Project -> Duplicate
Same bottom box: Connect -> finds the TV, Clicking connect -> asks to verify in TV, I click verify.
Goes black while attempting to connect and... Goes back to normal TV broadcast.

Doesn't do this in any of my other devices.

Eleiyas
Level 10
Try with the absolute latest drivers:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/127669

Eleiyas wrote:
Try with the absolute latest drivers:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/127669

I installed it, doesn't seem to make any improvement.

It just attempt to connect TV, goes black on both sides, then just returns to the same state they were previously.