cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I"m disappointed with the quality and support so far.

_H0PE_
Level 7
Last week bought my new PG348Q.
Out of the box I got very bad Backlight Bleed. I've trying to get used to it, it is very hard, I feel that this monitor is way overpriced for it to have such a big flaw.

Wrote to support on asus, they said ask local company where I bought the device for support.
I've talked with the support team in the local company where I bought the Monitor (I'm from Hungary, bought the device from HRP Europe Ltd.). They said they won't replace the whole monitor but they are able to repair it, "replacing" the screen -if they receive a better one.

Now my problem is this:
Out of the box the issue is visible and afaik all monitors will have bleed there is a lottery on which one get better. This is unacceptable.
The support want me to bring back my screen, wait for repair time (which will take weeks, it took asus for 3weeks just to get my device here, for the repair prob. it will take at least 3-4weeks). Unacceptable, I would stay without monitor for such a long time.
The local support guy said they wouldn't RMA the device anyways. Unacceptable.

I've got some replies from the local retailer also that it shouldn't be so serious, it depends on what light is in the room and what "direction" I'm looking at the screen from. Which is also unacceptable answer with an IPS screen where I got 170degrees view angle. I shouldn't move my head or tilt the screen then? (but anyways the effect is always this strong no matter what you do, so that is not true either what they were stating)...

I don't feel like raising another ticket to asus support, when they just tell me to go and talk to the local retailer, who will just say they can only repair (the unrepairable).
What should I do now, I'm very disappointed currently. Attached my picture from the monitor I made during loading screen of one particular game, but this is kind of the same thing when you watch a movie with dark screen, etc. And I love the color and the screen itself! IT looks and feels amazing! The Backlight Bleed however completely killing the immersion. 😞
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
***Moved to Service Inquiry section for review by ASUS.***

NOTE: Please do not post in this section unless you are the OP or an ASUS representative, per the rules. Thank you.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

namoi
Level 8
I totally agree with you.
That kind of issues shouldn't arise knowing the premium asus ask for some of their products.

I own a Claymore which is by far one of the most expensive keyboard out there and the quality of the item is far beyond my Ducky Shine 5 which cost much less.

Not speaking of poor software coming with those that cripple them.

It is sad but marketing seems to be the only division where they don't count.

I am nonetheless more or less happy with my asus products and i was aware of those issues but i know i paid way too much for what they are and i will never buy a screen from them, nor for other gaming brand for that matters.

I will wait and buy an Eizo or Dell professional ones and forgot that sync thingy I don't use anyway.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Bill
Level 7
Hello _H0PE_
We recommend bringing your unit to your local company for repairs
This may be the quickest way for you
Thank you