Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 382
  1. #291
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    New version is already on it's way and we are expecting it to be release in a couple weeks - schedule might vary depending on our testing team results.

    Right now, the 1.05.28 is quite stable, and you can stick with that one. However, for the ones having the windows update problem, you can update to the 32.02.
    Thank you for the update.

    I already tried .28 and I had issues.
    .Motherboard: Maximus X Formula Z370
    BIOS version: 1003 (Latest)
    Processor: i7 8700K
    OS: Windows 10 Pro Creators Fall Update (Latest 1709)
    Memory kit: G.SKILL RGB Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600Mhz
    Graphics card: Nvidia 1080 Ti FE
    Mouse: Logitech G700
    Keyboard: Logitech G710+
    Cooling solution: Custom Acrylic Loop
    Aura version: 1.05.28 (Also tried older versions)

    Fresh install of the latest version of Windows 10 is installed.
    I did the whole "Unblock" when extracting, and installed "As Administrator
    It installed, and I shut down in between installing and first opening the program.

    1. The only modes that seem to work are Static, Breathing, and Color Cycle. When I select any other mode, it thinks for a few seconds and then goes back to Color cycle.

    2. My Addressable RGB Strip from CableMods does not light up. It is connected to the first header on the motherboard. It seems to be detected in the software. In the settings menu, it shows ADD Strip, and I changed the "LED Numbers" value to 15. (I am assuming that value is referring to the number of LEDs on the strip. The default was 60)

    3. When I select the DRAM or ADD Strip from the ribbon menu at the top of the window, I am assuming it un-links the component? I get a pop-up that says "Do you want to save the change ?" When I click "Yes", the application hangs and I have to force end the application.

    4. The application seems very very slow to respond, taking several seconds to update or to react to changes I make.

  2. #292
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    I advice you uninstall both of the Corsair programs. In other users cases, uninstalling Corsair fixed out the issue.

    My theory is that some of the lighting control command use the same channel, and some conflict occur.
    You are advising him to give up his keyboard and CPU cooler controls in exchange for motherboard lighting? Not the choice I would make. I have all three installed as well and it is Aura churning away in the Task Manager at 20% CPU usage and ultimately crashing. Given the amount of difficulty to get this program working stable long term, it seems strange to forgo some basic on/off single color patterns in BIOS settings. That is the most disappointing thing about this new Z370 Code X - to be a slave to whims of Aura or face perpetual rainbows. Very strange to have this on the older Gen 2 X99 boards and then not on high end Z370 models of equal cost.

  3. #293
    ROG Member Array varnavas PC Specs
    varnavas PC Specs
    Motherboardasus 970 gaming\aura
    Processorfx-8350
    Graphics Card #1asus strix 1070
    Storage #1kingston 240gb ssd
    Storage #2wd 1tb and 2tb
    CPU Coolercorsair h110v2
    Casecorsair 570x
    Power Supplytherlmatake 850watt
    Keyboard corsair k70 lux
    Mouse rog spatha
    Headset rog centurios
    Mouse Pad corsair mm800
    OS window 10 64bit
    varnavas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
    You are advising him to give up his keyboard and CPU cooler controls in exchange for motherboard lighting? Not the choice I would make. I have all three installed as well and it is Aura churning away in the Task Manager at 20% CPU usage and ultimately crashing. Given the amount of difficulty to get this program working stable long term, it seems strange to forgo some basic on/off single color patterns in BIOS settings. That is the most disappointing thing about this new Z370 Code X - to be a slave to whims of Aura or face perpetual rainbows. Very strange to have this on the older Gen 2 X99 boards and then not on high end Z370 models of equal cost.
    the issue still there with version 28 the program start but is not full no background no nothing only the modes can select
    with version 32 the motherboard does not show on the app

  4. #294
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Trident Z RGB - Lighting patterns not working properly

    Greetings all! I am new to the forum

    So I've looked up several videos and that's how I came to realize that my 32GB kit of Trident Z RGB isn't working properly with Aura. I haven't tried the G Skill software whatsoever.

    Problem 1 The lighting sequence for rainbow is out of order and out of sync. The sequence goes in this order DIMM B1-B2-A1-A2. If it were in order, it would be A1-A2-B1-B2. I've tried re-ordering the sticks and the exact same problem keeps occurring.

    Problem 2 Without Aura software installed and if the RAM sticks are in descending order (10-09-08-07), the rainbow effect works in perfect sync with the motherboard upon booting the PC. However, after about 8-9 cycles, it starts to get out of sync and just looks like a bunch of unicorn vomit.

    It's only after the Aura software is installed that the DIMM sequence executes incorrectly.

    Problem 3 Comet, Flash and Dash, Glowing Yoyo, Starry-Night effects don't work the same way I see them working on other people's builds on YouTube. The effects go from motherboard to ram sticks, but instead of lighting up each ram stick individually, it lights them up all at the same time.


    I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help?

    Motherboard: ROG Strix Z370E (Upgrading to Maximus X Hero soon)
    BIOS version: 0606
    Processor: Intel i7 8700k
    OS: Windows 10 FC
    Memory kit: F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310
    Keyboard: Corsair RGB Straffe RGB
    Cooling solution: Corsair H115i
    Aura version: 1.05.28

    (I've installed the latest version (1.05.28) of Aura. I've tried uninstalling it through control panel. I've used the AuraCleaner utility. I've shut down the pc, pulled the power cord for 10 minutes. Re-installed the Aura software. Turn on SPD Write in the BIOS.)

  5. #295
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by varnavas View Post
    the issue still there with version 28 the program start but is not full no background no nothing only the modes can select
    with version 32 the motherboard does not show on the app
    Same issue here. The .28 version still crashes but the .32 beta version will start and see the memory modules but no motherboard. I've also installed all drivers of the motherboard including chipset, Intel ME and RST. I've tried disabling and reenabling the RGB light in UEFI BIOS but the Aura application still does not detect the motherboard.

    Motherboard: Prime Z370-A
    BIOS version: 0606
    Processor: Intel i5-8600k
    OS: Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
    Memory kit: G.Skill Trident Z 8Gbx2 DDR4-3000Mhz CL16
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 1070 SC-GAMING
    Aura version: 1.05.32 (beta)

  6. #296
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    hopeless

    Hello,

    Im reporting multiple problems with my RGB on ROG STRIX Z370-F. First of all, i dont know when my problems start (i bought CASE with window 3 weeks ago) but i thing it happens after installing of AURA Software and experimenting with it.

    1) RGB on motherboard didnt work at all (sometimes short after start show up some effect like rainbow)
    2) If I experiment with unplugging power supply It sometimes work couple minutes, then it stuck at some point of raibow effect and after couple of minits RGB didnt work again like in point 1
    3) I tried 2times fix with battery removal, it helps pretty same like point 2 for just couple of minutes. Its really HORRIBLE placement battery under GPU.
    4) If I have installed Aura software it sometimes detect my MB sometimes not. Unplug power supply sometimes work but it helps afain only for a limited time a RGB again didnt work.

    Im pretty hopeless right now. I spend like 15 hour experimenting, trying all "fixes" on this page. Logitech software uninstall. Aura uninstall. Still same. I tried even RGB reflesh, but it sad it didnt detect my motherboard.

    EDIT1: can you provide me working aura update? I get this after executing it :

    ASUS Aura update tool
    Loading Aura FW... File size incorrect (4294967295 bytes).


    Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z370-F
    BIOS version: 0606
    Processor: Intel i5-8600k
    OS: Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
    Memory kit: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB
    Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Windforce
    Aura version: 1.05.32 (beta)
    Logitech mouse G502 and Logitech keybord G610 (Logitech software)
    Last edited by lexa47; 01-31-2018 at 12:39 AM.

  7. #297
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by lexa47 View Post
    Hello,

    Im reporting multiple problems with my RGB on ROG STRIX Z370-F. First of all, i dont know when my problems start (i bought CASE with window 3 weeks ago) but i thing it happens after installing of AURA Software and experimenting with it.

    1) RGB on motherboard didnt work at all (sometimes short after start show up some effect like rainbow)
    2) If I experiment with unplugging power supply It sometimes work couple minutes, then it stuck at some point of raibow effect and after couple of minits RGB didnt work again like in point 1
    3) I tried 2times fix with battery removal, it helps pretty same like point 2 for just couple of minutes. Its really HORRIBLE placement battery under GPU.
    4) If I have installed Aura software it sometimes detect my MB sometimes not. Unplug power supply sometimes work but it helps afain only for a limited time a RGB again didnt work.

    Im pretty hopeless right now. I spend like 15 hour experimenting, trying all "fixes" on this page. Logitech software uninstall. Aura uninstall. Still same. I tried even RGB reflesh, but it sad it didnt detect my motherboard.

    EDIT1: can you provide me working aura update? I get this after executing it :

    ASUS Aura update tool
    Loading Aura FW... File size incorrect (4294967295 bytes).


    Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z370-F
    BIOS version: 0606
    Processor: Intel i5-8600k
    OS: Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
    Memory kit: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB
    Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Windforce
    Aura version: 1.05.32 (beta)
    Logitech mouse G502 and Logitech keybord G610 (Logitech software)
    1. Uninstall AURA.
    2. Run AURA CC Cleaner
    3. Reinstall AURA.

    Does lighting problem occur with other effects, or only Rainbow?
    Do you do anything particular for it to crash?

    Please add some screenshot of your Aura UI + system if possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenDeng View Post
    Same issue here. The .28 version still crashes but the .32 beta version will start and see the memory modules but no motherboard. I've also installed all drivers of the motherboard including chipset, Intel ME and RST. I've tried disabling and reenabling the RGB light in UEFI BIOS but the Aura application still does not detect the motherboard.

    Motherboard: Prime Z370-A
    BIOS version: 0606
    Processor: Intel i5-8600k
    OS: Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
    Memory kit: G.Skill Trident Z 8Gbx2 DDR4-3000Mhz CL16
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 1070 SC-GAMING
    Aura version: 1.05.32 (beta)
    Does your motherboard was detected with the 1.05.28 version?

    Quote Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
    You are advising him to give up his keyboard and CPU cooler controls in exchange for motherboard lighting? Not the choice I would make. I have all three installed as well and it is Aura churning away in the Task Manager at 20% CPU usage and ultimately crashing. Given the amount of difficulty to get this program working stable long term, it seems strange to forgo some basic on/off single color patterns in BIOS settings. That is the most disappointing thing about this new Z370 Code X - to be a slave to whims of Aura or face perpetual rainbows. Very strange to have this on the older Gen 2 X99 boards and then not on high end Z370 models of equal cost.
    Right now having another software causing conflict is my theory. To know if it's correct or no, I need people to try to unsinstall their app and try Aura alone to see if it fix the issue. Then the Corsair, Logitech.. software can be reinstall. This will help us to understand what is the root cause and find a fix for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DCastillo View Post
    Greetings all! I am new to the forum

    So I've looked up several videos and that's how I came to realize that my 32GB kit of Trident Z RGB isn't working properly with Aura. I haven't tried the G Skill software whatsoever.

    Problem 1 The lighting sequence for rainbow is out of order and out of sync. The sequence goes in this order DIMM B1-B2-A1-A2. If it were in order, it would be A1-A2-B1-B2. I've tried re-ordering the sticks and the exact same problem keeps occurring.

    Problem 2 Without Aura software installed and if the RAM sticks are in descending order (10-09-08-07), the rainbow effect works in perfect sync with the motherboard upon booting the PC. However, after about 8-9 cycles, it starts to get out of sync and just looks like a bunch of unicorn vomit.

    It's only after the Aura software is installed that the DIMM sequence executes incorrectly.

    Problem 3 Comet, Flash and Dash, Glowing Yoyo, Starry-Night effects don't work the same way I see them working on other people's builds on YouTube. The effects go from motherboard to ram sticks, but instead of lighting up each ram stick individually, it lights them up all at the same time.


    I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help?

    Motherboard: ROG Strix Z370E (Upgrading to Maximus X Hero soon)
    BIOS version: 0606
    Processor: Intel i7 8700k
    OS: Windows 10 FC
    Memory kit: F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310
    Keyboard: Corsair RGB Straffe RGB
    Cooling solution: Corsair H115i
    Aura version: 1.05.28

    (I've installed the latest version (1.05.28) of Aura. I've tried uninstalling it through control panel. I've used the AuraCleaner utility. I've shut down the pc, pulled the power cord for 10 minutes. Re-installed the Aura software. Turn on SPD Write in the BIOS.)
    Are you able to provide a video showing the effect you apply (show your desktop and Aura), and showing your computer?
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  8. #298
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    I have an AMD Wraith Max CPU cooler on my Ryzen 7 1800X and Asus Crosshair VI Extreme mobo. For some reason the RGB light ring on the Wraith is always a different color than the motherboard lights. Is it supposed to be like this or is it a bug? I see no option to make it the same color as the motherboard lights. It's really annoying me.

  9. #299
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    For now we've decided to stick to 120 LEDs. This limit is to prevent MB components deterioration from excessive current that would be necessary to power such number of LEDs.
    I also think that the limit should be removed. I understand you don't want customers frying their boards, but in my experience, if these strips cannot draw enough amperage they simply don't light. All addressable strips I've seen already come with an extra set of 5V and Ground for powering with an external source, which in my case will be a butchered sata power cable.

    If >120 LEDs are listed in Aura, warn the user that they may not function correctly (or that they may damage their board) if they do not have additional power to their strip. Allow those of us with electrical knowlage to take our rigs to the extreme.

  10. #300
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    79

    I have Rampage VI Extreme + 7900x + 64gb GSkill RGB + GSkill LED Software

    Coincidentally I installed today (first time) the beta of AURA (1.05.32.02).

    It's working perfectly but before, I took some care:

    1- Check the BIOS if the LEDs are enabled. I don't have LED strip but my setup is:

    a) BIOS/ADVANCED/Rog Effects = ON
    b) BIOS/ADVANCED/ONBOARD DEVICE CONFIGURATION/RGB LIGHTING SYSTEM
    - When sys is on = ON
    - when sys is sleep = OFF

    2. Uninstall the program GSkill MEM LED and then pass CCleaner (if you had already installed the old version of AURA may be that the problem. Even doing all the procedures to delete files, directories and services nothing else worked right).

    I had to do a fresh install of my WIN10

    3- Install AURA with administrator privileges (after running with the same privileges)

    Note: Even the motherboard LEDs working synchronized, the program does not let me disable the LEDs on the motherboard (the button is not lit in the program)

    I hope I've helped

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •