Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Seems I'm having some issues with AURA so thought i'd better post:

CPU usage is always around 3-5%... (Sorry if this bug has already been reported) This does seem excessive. Granted it was once much worse, but its still not the best.

Also, upon opening the program I get two errors, the first reads "install driver failed." and the second reads "start driver failed.". However, it still works with no issue with these errors. These errors only appeared when i did a reinstall of the program to try and resolve the high CPU usage issue above.

Using a Asus ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING Mobo with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2400mhz 2x8 RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING, Samsung 960 EVO 256GB

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brighttail View Post
    When you say you updated live dash... in the utilities there was a Livedash program and one that said Oled+aura... did you install that as well? Just curious.
    yes, I have also installed that one.
    The only way it works is to uninstall Ai suite3 and livedash and clean installing aura!

The only combination that works together is using Ai Suite, Aura and live dash from MB DVD disc...
    If the update is not compatible, then why ASUS put them on the support page?
    Last edited by shadowfax25; 12-31-2017 at 08:39 PM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfax25 View Post
    yes, I have also installed that one.
    The only way it works is to uninstall Ai suite3 and livedash and clean installing aura!

The only combination that works together is using Ai Suite, Aura and live dash from MB DVD disc...
    If the update is not compatible, then why ASUS put them on the support page?
    I've got BIOS 1004 for the RE6 with Ai Suite 3, livedash and Latest aura working together. The key tho is pick what you want and not try to change it. Static colour is what I have and that is what I'm keeping. If I try to change it to anything else, problems happen. If I wanted fading, choose that right off and leave it. Sux but that is what it is right now.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

New ROGer Array

Occasional high CPU loading issues

Aura ver: 1.05.28
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi (Bios ver. 0802)
    CPU: I7-8700k

Still have problems with occasional high CPU usage. LightingService: 10-15%. This issue is not "fixed" as stated in the notes for Aura ver. 1.05.28.

Restarting the service "LightingService" solves the issue temporarily but it always comes back after a while. Have to turn off the functionality in Aura for now until the issue is solved. Don't want to put unnecessary stress and heat on the cpu.

Edit:
    AkaNe@Asus asked: "Can you provide your full spec details and if you are using any other lighting software like Corsair link or CAM from NZXT".

Not using anything special. No other lighting software than Aura. No cam. Razer keyboard(usb) and mouse(usb) with Razer synapse software. Usb dongle for wireless Xbox 360 controller, external Creative usb soundcard, Samsung SSD 960 Evo 250Gb, corsair RM750x psu, 2TB WD hdd, Geforce 980, 2x8 GB Corsair ddr4 3200(xmp profile), noctua nh-u12s air cooler, fractal design R5 blackout edition window, optimized default bios settings and then just XMP implementation. CPUID HwMonitor software, game mode when gaming.
    Last edited by DawnLight; 01-02-2018 at 08:12 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by DawnLight View Post
    Aura ver: 1.05.28
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi (Bios ver. 0802)
    CPU: I7-8700k

Still have problems with occasional high CPU usage. LightingService: 10-15%. This issue is not "fixed" as stated in the notes for Aura ver. 1.05.28.

Restarting the service "LightingService" solves the issue temporarily but it always comes back after a while. Have to turn off the functionality in Aura for now until the issue is solved. Don't want to put unnecessary stress and heat on the cpu.
    Can you provide your full spec details and if you are using any other lighting software like Corsair link or CAM from NZXT.

Quote Originally Posted by specialk View Post
    My CPU usage for lighting service has now gone back up to 20-25%. It seems only as fresh install of aura makes it 3-5%. It finds its own way back up somehow.

Edit: If I startup my pc its 20-25%. If I open AURA up it goes back down to 3-5%... I'm so confused

Edit: Nevermind. It has shot back up again

Edit: Aura software doesnt work anymore.

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
    aura+0xcbac
    aura+0x6c1f3
    aura+0x66051
    aura+0x25fa4
    aura+0x2a176
    aura+0x24d22
    aura+0x89d0c
    aura+0x9eca4

Can confirm I've followed all the instructions to install new version and it has completely stopped working. Lights are just frozen now.

Should have just stuck with 1.05.23 lol. Now none of the versions work for me. How did it go from working to not working? Nothing has changed.

EDIT: Okay guys, I fixed it by doing this. Turning off the PSU. Wait for the lights on the mobo and gpu to go out. Wait another minute. Turn the PSU back on, boot up. Open Aura and it started working.

I think it is important that you let all the power drain out of the PSU so there is no power going into the mobo.

Edit: Back to 20-25% usage again lol
    Are you using CAM from NZXT?
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

New ROGer Array

1.05.25 Beta was more stable

Currently using Aura ver: 1.05.28
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX APEX
    CPU: I7-7700k

Ever since I upgraded to 1.05.28, the software crashed often. The music preset isn't syncing properly as well. I tried uninstalling Cue software, update drivers, etc. but it is still unstable.

1.05.25 BETA was way more stable and have no issues. I want to go back but AkaNe@Asus deleted the download link. Can you please give me the download link for ASUS AURA 1.05.25 BETA version again? as much as I want to troubleshoot the issue, going back to that version is way faster.

AkaNe0 PC Specs
    Processori7-8700K
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by Xidna View Post
    Currently using Aura ver: 1.05.28
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX APEX
    CPU: I7-7700k

Ever since I upgraded to 1.05.28, the software crashed often. The music preset isn't syncing properly as well. I tried uninstalling Cue software, update drivers, etc. but it is still unstable.

1.05.25 BETA was way more stable and have no issues. I want to go back but AkaNe@Asus deleted the download link. Can you please give me the download link for ASUS AURA 1.05.25 BETA version again? as much as I want to troubleshoot the issue, going back to that version is way faster.
    Can you elaborate regarding the AURA sync devices you have and what do you mean by not syncing properly during the music mode.

If you want to download 1.05.25 version, it is available on the Support site. Check in Utilities, and you will find this previous version.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    Can you provide your full spec details and if you are using any other lighting software like Corsair link or CAM from NZXT.

Updated my post above.

Also if I start the Aura program while the "LightingService" cpu utilization is high(10-15%) the cpu utilization goes back to lower values(0,5-1%). It has the same effect as restarting the "LightingService" service. Everything in Aura is default values except for "Shut down" which is set to "off".
    Last edited by DawnLight; 01-02-2018 at 11:56 PM.

New ROGer Array Babongo PC Specs
    Babongo PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Z370-F
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-2800C16D-16GRR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080
    CasePhanteks ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650x
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse MAdCatz R.A.T 8
    Headset Corsair VOID Wireless
    OS Windows 10 v 1709 x64

Aura doesnt detect Mainboard and RGB-Stripes

Hi everybody,

i have also an issue with the Aura software and the leds on my motherboard and the LED-stripes.

First of all, my specs:
    MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
    BIOS: 0605 (latest)
    CPU: Core i7 8700k
    Case: Phanteks P400s Tempered
    RGB-Stripes: Phanteks

I build my Pc a week ago. At first i got the AsIO.sys error, but i could resolve that, so everything was fine.
    Yesterday i connected my rgb-stripes with a phanteks Adapter to the rgb-header on the mobo. That was working at first either. I calibrated it, but the colors were not right. It was working, but not the way i wanted it.

Next step was to connect the stripes to the other rgb-header on the mobo. After that, nothing is working anymore. My LEDs on the mobo does not work (the strip wich is istalled on the upper left corner). I checked the cable, but it is pluged in. I disconnected my seperate RGB-Stripes, but still the same Issue. The mobo is still not detected by the aura software.

I uninstalled and installed the software multiple times, without any improvements. i tried it by manually uninstall it wia control panel, but also the Aura Cleaner.
    I tried to switch rgb off and on gain in the bios settings, but also no improvements.

I also restored my bios settings to default. No changes.
    While i was disassambeling my PC to check the cable under the preinstalled leds, i also took the mobo battery out and pluged it back in.

I also looked up the LED EC-Versions in the bios:
    LED EC-Version: Empty
    LED EC2-Version: AULA1-S072-0203

I hope theres a solution for my issue somewhere.

thanks and best regards.
    Last edited by Babongo; 01-03-2018 at 06:27 AM.

AkaNe0 PC Specs
    Processori7-8700K
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by Babongo View Post
    Hi everybody,

i have also an issue with the Aura software and the leds on my motherboard and the LED-stripes.

First of all, my specs:
    MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
    BIOS: 0605 (latest)
    CPU: Core i7 8700k
    Case: Phanteks P400s Tempered
    RGB-Stripes: Phanteks

I build my Pc a week ago. At first i got the AsIO.sys error, but i could resolve that, so everything was fine.
    Yesterday i connected my rgb-stripes with a phanteks Adapter to the rgb-header on the mobo. That was working at first either. I calibrated it, but the colors were not right. It was working, but not the way i wanted it.

Next step was to connect the stripes to the other rgb-header on the mobo. After that, nothing is working anymore. My LEDs on the mobo does not work (the strip wich is istalled on the upper left corner). I checked the cable, but it is pluged in. I disconnected my seperate RGB-Stripes, but still the same Issue. The mobo is still not detected by the aura software.

I uninstalled and installed the software multiple times, without any improvements. i tried it by manually uninstall it wia control panel, but also the Aura Cleaner.
    I tried to switch rgb off and on gain in the bios settings, but also no improvements.

I also restored my bios settings to default. No changes.
    While i was disassambeling my PC to check the cable under the preinstalled leds, i also took the mobo battery out and pluged it back in.

I also looked up the LED EC-Versions in the bios:
    LED EC-Version: Empty
    LED EC2-Version: AULA1-S072-0203

I hope theres a solution for my issue somewhere.

thanks and best regards.
    Do the LED of your motherboard light on? As your LED EC-Version is empty, this mean, the connector is not properly plugged. Please check out the connector under the I/O cover.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnLight View Post
    Updated my post above.

Also if I start the Aura program while the "LightingService" cpu utilization is high(10-15%) the cpu utilization goes back to lower values(0,5-1%). It has the same effect as restarting the "LightingService" service. Everything in Aura is default values except for "Shut down" which is set to "off".
    Have you tried with Razer not launched?

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast