Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

all i get when i download the cleaner is the chose what app to open with and none of the options will run it .

ROG Member Array

I have tried all of the so called fix for aura not detecting its own motherboard or rgb headers and nothing works ASUS FIX YOUR PRODUCT. The rgb options is the main reason i got this motherboard.

New ROGer Array

ASUS Aura v1.05.28 not detection motherboard OR g.skill tridentZ RGB 2x8

Motherboard:ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 1151
    BIOS version: 0606 12/12/2017 UEFI Setup
    Processor: Intel i7-7800k 3.7GHz
    Memory kit: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory
    Graphics card: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
    Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
    Keyboard: Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, iXCC Aluminum and ABS Base RGB Backlit Blue Switch Wired Gaming Keyboard
    Cooling solution: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
    Aura version: ASUS Aura 1.05.28

So, I built a brand new PC on 1/4/17 with a fresh install of windows and completely fresh everything.

I proceeded to install all the latest drivers and firmware for everything in my system. I could not find any software for the memory or intel chip (other than the ASUS chipset, which I have installed).

Finally I finished my PC, after rebooting it many times, and start to install AURA. (KEEP IN MIND I HAVE NOT INSTALLED ANY OTHER RGB SOFTWARE AT THIS POINT IN MY BUILD, I ONLY INSTALLED LOGITECH'S SOFTWARE AFTER AURA WOULD NOT WORK)

Aura installs smooth as butter, and I reboot my computer as instructed. When I start up my computer, there are no problems as usual. I then run AURA, and when I enter the program, I am not able to control my motherboard lighting OR my RAM. The only component of my computer that I could control was my graphics card. I have no idea what could be causing my lighting to not work. The motherboard rgb strip is working as it does display rainbow colors any time I turn my pc on, and I can control it in the BIOS by making it stop when I power off my PC. Additionally, my memory LEDs all work, but they too are stuck in rainbow mode. (Also one stick of memory is slightly faster at cycling through its color than the other, making the colors unsynced every now and then.)

Seeing that AURA is not working, I tried most everything I found on forums. I uninstalled AURA through control panel, reinstalled, ran AURA cleaner, ran both setup files as administrator, tried different versions of the software, completely turned off my pc (psu switch off) after every step, changed SPD write on/off, reupdated BIOS,. changed all ASIO files to "unblocked." Every time the program would fail to launch or launch with the mobo and ram missing. (Although installation never failed.)

Interestingly enough, I decided during one try to uninstall AURA and try G.Skill's software, and upon installing it, I received a message stating "G.Skill memory could not be found." I then uninstalled it and kept trying to get AURA to work.

THINGS I HAVE NOT TRIED: I have XMP switched to on in my BIOS, I do not know if this is affecting AURA, should I turn it off? I have also not tried switching the memory sticks to other DIMM slots, I currently have them in the recommended slots in the z370-E manual

CURRENT SOFTWARE: I currently have AURA v1.05.28 and Logitech Gaming Software 8.96

GALLERY
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2018.01.09 - 19.48.18.32.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	256.4 KB 
ID:	70364
    As you can see, only my graphics card is available for change in the software.

Name:	20180109_195509.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	70365
    As you can see, my graphics card LEDs work, but the ram and mobo are stuck on rainbow

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky338 View Post
    Only one header available, might look like two because of the drop down menu being open.

As a side note, Windows had an update the other day and now I'm not getting the Start and driver failed messages I was earlier. But now AI suite and the Asus fan controller crash on computer boot....
    After looking into this a bit more, this is due to an hardware limitation. For some of the entry motherboard, we only have one EC controlling the two RGB connectors. This is the reason why only one RGB header his showing up, and that both are in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by lanner View Post
    Hello
    Since the last update of windows i have the problem at launch aura with "install driver failed" and "start driver failed" any idea ?
    I have uninstall Ai suite 3.0.10 beta cause too much message box problem and after I have reinstall aura but it's the same ..
    Quote Originally Posted by chibithescorp View Post
    After Windows update got same problem. I have reinstalled everything via guide. Didnt help
    Can you tell which update exactly? Is it the below one:

2018-01 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1709 for X64-based Systems (KB4056887)

Quote Originally Posted by specialk View Post
    Noted, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyora View Post
    With the newest aura version i experience multiple stability issues, occasionally when i set a mode it may freeze and i have to force exit it

When i then try to relaunch it it's a roulette between having to reinstall the program or completely powerdrain my system.
    When the program freezes, the leds doaswell in the last color they show regardless of mode

Motherboard used is z270 with phanteks led strips
    Rest is in my specs list
    Could you describe your full system spec and provide any of the lighting software you might have installed with their version.

Quote Originally Posted by terrydemco View Post
    I'm trying to install the latest version of Aura (1.05.25 at this time) on a brand new Windows 10 install with the latest Windows updates ( as of Jan 9 2018).
    Followed earlier instructions of unblocking the zip file, then unzipping, then opening the 'AsusSetup' as Administrator. As the install starts, I get the 'Can't open AsIO.sys (2) error. Ideas anyone?

Tried a clean install of windows to be sure, and same problem occurs.
    Running the latest bios (0606) on an asus Z370-E motherboard with an 8700k processor.
    Everything is brand new, so it's not an old hardware issue.

Thanks!
    Can you try the 1.05.28 version.

Quote Originally Posted by ras120 View Post
    I have tried all of the so called fix for aura not detecting its own motherboard or rgb headers and nothing works ASUS FIX YOUR PRODUCT. The rgb options is the main reason i got this motherboard.
    Please provide your full system spec and a clear description of the problem you are having.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactMoose View Post
    Motherboard:ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 1151
    BIOS version: 0606 12/12/2017 UEFI Setup
    Processor: Intel i7-7800k 3.7GHz
    Memory kit: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory
    Graphics card: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
    Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
    Keyboard: Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, iXCC Aluminum and ABS Base RGB Backlit Blue Switch Wired Gaming Keyboard
    Cooling solution: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
    Aura version: ASUS Aura 1.05.28
    Can you provide a screenshot of your Main tab in the BIOS - I would like to check the LED EC.

You can always try to switched off the XMP, to see what's happening, but I don't think it's going to solve the issue. I am going to search for additional solution for your case.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

New ROGer Array

I have z370-e with an i3-8100 and no matter what I do I can't get Aura to open. The lightning service is consuming 20/30% utilization at all times but launching the application causes hang ups and then a Dr Dump report. I'm using Lighting_Control_1.05.28.

Manufacturer Manufacturer01
    Application name AURA for X99 series
    Application version 0.0.0.0
    Problem state Bug unassigned
    Problem 344383
    Dump group 958945
    Dump 19271251

Problem state
    The problem is new and has not yet been fixed in AURA for X99 series.

CPU-Z correctly identifies the board as Z370-E with the 5430 BIOS (11/01/2017)

Motherboard: Z370-E
    BIOS version: 5430
    Processor: i3 8100
    Memory kit: CORSAIR Vengeance 2x8GB PC425600 CMR16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics card: EVGA 1080 SC
    Mouse: Logitech G-Pro
    Keyboard: Logitech -G Pro
    Cooling solution: Air
    Aura version: 1.05.28

I don't know why it is saying I have an X99 board?? I am using the latest chipset driver "Chipset_RS3_10.1.1.45_20171121".

EDIT - just updated to 0606 BIOS (12/12/2017) and same issue.

EDIT 2 - forgot to mention, when I first put the system together a few months ago Aura did work. I uninstalled it after noticing the high CPU usage and the issues in this thread, thinking I would just reinstall a few months later. Posting now because now I cant get any version of the software to work. (I believe I was using 1.05.25 initially, but could be mistaken).
    Last edited by Rusty6285; 01-10-2018 at 07:45 PM.

New ROGer Array Kreyora PC Specs
    Kreyora PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FX 553 VD
    Motherboardstrix z270E
    Processori5 6500
    Memory (part number)lpx ddr 4 16gb
    Graphics Card #1rog strix 1070
    Monitorold benq from 2008
    Storage #1samsung 960 evo
    Storage #2samsung 850 evo
    CPU Coolercorsair h105
    Casenzxt s340
    Power Supplyfd itegra 650w
    Keyboard corsair strafe
    Mouse logitech g700s
    Headset Phillips fidelio x2
    Mouse Pad steelseries qck xxxl
    OS windows 10

RTLEV summers

Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post

Could you describe your full system spec and provide any of the lighting software you might have installed with their version.

aura 1.05.28
    Corsair utility engine 2.21.67

intel i5 6500
    ROG strix z270E
    corsair lpx 2133mhz 16GB
    Rog Strix gtx 1070
    corsair h105 non rgb

New ROGer Array

Here's the Main Bios Tab

Can you provide a screenshot of your Main tab in the BIOS - I would like to check the LED EC.

You can always try to switched off the XMP, to see what's happening, but I don't think it's going to solve the issue. I am going to search for additional solution for your case.

Name:	20180110_165330.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	70405
    Here is the picture. Also, as you predicted, XMP does not affect anything On or Off

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty6285 View Post
    I have z370-e with an i3-8100 and no matter what I do I can't get Aura to open. The lightning service is consuming 20/30% utilization at all times but launching the application causes hang ups and then a Dr Dump report. I'm using Lighting_Control_1.05.28.

Manufacturer Manufacturer01
    Application name AURA for X99 series
    Application version 0.0.0.0
    Problem state Bug unassigned
    Problem 344383
    Dump group 958945
    Dump 19271251

Problem state
    The problem is new and has not yet been fixed in AURA for X99 series.

CPU-Z correctly identifies the board as Z370-E with the 5430 BIOS (11/01/2017)

Motherboard: Z370-E
    BIOS version: 5430
    Processor: i3 8100
    Memory kit: CORSAIR Vengeance 2x8GB PC425600 CMR16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics card: EVGA 1080 SC
    Mouse: Logitech G-Pro
    Keyboard: Logitech -G Pro
    Cooling solution: Air
    Aura version: 1.05.28

I don't know why it is saying I have an X99 board?? I am using the latest chipset driver "Chipset_RS3_10.1.1.45_20171121".

EDIT - just updated to 0606 BIOS (12/12/2017) and same issue.

EDIT 2 - forgot to mention, when I first put the system together a few months ago Aura did work. I uninstalled it after noticing the high CPU usage and the issues in this thread, thinking I would just reinstall a few months later. Posting now because now I cant get any version of the software to work. (I believe I was using 1.05.25 initially, but could be mistaken).
    In your description you first mentioned that You can't open AURA and then that your lighting service consume 20/30% after launching the application.

Can you tell me which of the case are you facing off right now?

Do you have a lighting software to control Logitech lighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyora View Post
    aura 1.05.28
    Corsair utility engine 2.21.67

intel i5 6500
    ROG strix z270E
    corsair lpx 2133mhz 16GB
    Rog Strix gtx 1070
    corsair h105 non rgb
    Can you try to unplug the Phantek LED strips? and restart your computer?

Also, try to launch AURA without Corsair CUE.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

New ROGer Array

In your description you first mentioned that You can't open AURA and then that your lighting service consume 20/30% after launching the application.

Can you tell me which of the case are you facing off right now?

Do you have a lighting software to control Logitech lighting?
    Hi there,

When I start the computer, there is a process running called 'Lightning Service 32bit' and this is using 20/30% cpu at all times. Aura is not running on boot and trying to launch it causes the dr dump crash.

I am using Logitech Gaming Software 8.96.81 for the mouse/keyboard, happy to remove to troubleshoot. Also have Corsair Link 4.9.4.28 installed for ram lighting.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty6285 View Post
    Hi there,

When I start the computer, there is a process running called 'Lightning Service 32bit' and this is using 20/30% cpu at all times. Aura is not running on boot and trying to launch it causes the dr dump crash.

I am using Logitech Gaming Software 8.96.81 for the mouse/keyboard, happy to remove to troubleshoot. Also have Corsair Link 4.9.4.28 installed for ram lighting.

Great news, after uninstalling Corsair Link and Logitech Gaming Software I've successfully installed Aura and it seems to be working CPU usage is also in the 1-2 range from my quick testing. Thank you!

Is there a known issue with the logitech software? Ideally I'd like to now install that again if possible.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast