cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Crosshair VI HERO X370 does not start. Q-Code LED is blank.

Datgreenguy
Level 7
-ASUS Crosshair VI HERO X370
-AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
-NZXT Kraken X52
-Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 PC4-19200 x2
-Zalman ZM700-LX
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 790
All the components are just out of the box.

The decorative leds on motherboard are glowing fine. The CPU ready LED is glowing green. Q LEDs (BOOT, VGA, DRAM, CPU) are off. The Q-code LED is blank. Starting the power does not do anything (i have tried the start button on the motherboard). The Kraken's leds do not glow (i don't really know if they should with power off). I have tried reconnecting power cables to the motherboard and to Kraken sata cable. Tried switching slots of RAM. Nothing happen. What should i try more?
7 REPLIES 7

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
Have you got a GPU?

Although I'm fairly sure it would boot without one.

Also, have you tested if your PSU turns on?

unknownmiscreant wrote:
Have you got a GPU?

Although I'm fairly sure it would boot without one.

Also, have you tested if your PSU turns on?

Oh yeah. I got Nvidia GTX 790. Forgot to mention.
And yes, PSU is up and running. It worked on the old motherboard, although it makes the Crosshair glow.

lightknightrr
Level 7
Reseat the RAM, make sure all the power cables are plugged into the motherboard (all of them), make sure you plugged the power-on cable into the right pins, then pop the RTC battery and set the BIOS to reset (with the power off, of course...then put the BIOS jumper back, the battery back, then power on).

It turned out that my PSU's 6+2 pin connector is not equal 8pin... i connected 4+4pin instead and it worked. But i got a 4pin slot unpowered now. Though it works yet.

lightknightrr
Level 7
It might be time to upgrade the old power supply.

lightknightrr wrote:
It might be time to upgrade the old power supply.

The pinouts of 8-pin PCIe and 8-pin EPS connectors are different. This means when a PCIe connector is connected to an EPS plug or vise-versa, the 12v rail of the PSU is shorted to ground.

The lights will remain on, as they run off the 5V standby line, which will remain on all the time, even if the PSU cannot start due to the +12V rail being shorted

lightknightrr
Level 7
"But i got a 4pin slot unpowered now."

If he has a power supply with only a 4+4 connector, and not the standard 8 & 4+4 connector, then it is time to upgrade.

That would be the EPS & ATX connectors in the graphic above.