cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions about ROG Centurion 7.1

paskakasa
Level 7
Hey guys! I got my Centurion headset yesterday and I have a few questions.

1. Is it normal that the headset shows as a speaker?

2. Why I can't enable 7.1 surround sound on sound settings or do I have to change that? The sound quality is pretty good but just wondering can it get any better by enabling it.

3. I know the mic is bad but is there any way to make it better? I already downloaded the latest firmware.
5 REPLIES 5

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
1 yes it will show as speakers due to the windows.

2 i think it is enabled through the software and on the amp, if you check properties and do the sound check it should check all the speakers and let you know if your surround is working.

3 the mic should be better if you a newer headset with the new revised mic installed. there are settings though recommended by asus that do help make it sound a little better

60-80% microphone volume is most optimized with this mic
ECN Enabled ( on bottom of amp if cant find it)
Noise gate adjusted to second bar from the bottom
perfect voice off
voice clarity at 100%
compressor levels default ( communication profile )

hope this helps

Guyvergamingtv wrote:
1 yes it will show as speakers due to the windows.

2 i think it is enabled through the software and on the amp, if you check properties and do the sound check it should check all the speakers and let you know if your surround is working.

3 the mic should be better if you a newer headset with the new revised mic installed. there are settings though recommended by asus that do help make it sound a little better

60-80% microphone volume is most optimized with this mic
ECN Enabled ( on bottom of amp if cant find it)
Noise gate adjusted to second bar from the bottom
perfect voice off
voice clarity at 100%
compressor levels default ( communication profile )

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply! I bought this from amazon.de 2 weeks ago so I guess its the new one.

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
ye it should be, if the S/N is H6 onwards should have new mic.

Guyvergamingtv wrote:
ye it should be, if the S/N is H6 onwards should have new mic.

H6 is used to identify replacement headsets. Make sure to purchase H8, H9, H10... (number denotes month of manufacture).

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
paskakasa wrote:
Hey guys! I got my Centurion headset yesterday and I have a few questions.

1. Is it normal that the headset shows as a speaker?

2. Why I can't enable 7.1 surround sound on sound settings or do I have to change that? The sound quality is pretty good but just wondering can it get any better by enabling it.

3. I know the mic is bad but is there any way to make it better? I already downloaded the latest firmware.

1. Yes, it's normal. Currently Microsoft does not classify the Centurion as a headset since it has 10 drivers (or anything with a 7.1 decoder).

2. Make sure you configure the Centurion as 7.1 (under sound playback settings in Windows) and you're all good. The reason why you can't enable any Spatial sound formats is because you already have true 7.1 surround sound (that only provides virtual 7.1 surround sound for headsets/headphones with 2 drivers).

3. Please check your serial number, does it start with H8, H9...?