cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would Appreciate Some Opinions and Tips About my g752vsk Keyboard/Scratched Lid Issue

FrostBytE091
Level 7
Hi all, first thread on these forums.

So here goes. I've had the ROG g752vsk for 3 months now, and about 3 weeks ago one of the clips holding the keys in place broke from the "A" key. No idea how. I'm gentle with this laptop like it's my newborn child. I had the keyboard replaced under warranty and I got my laptop back yesterday (yes, it took 2 and a half weeks). Thing is, I noticed that a few of the buttons on the new keyboard feel like they "click" into place somewhere when used. This doesn't happen all the time, only sometimes. My question is, does this keyboard need to be "broken in"? :confused: I refuse to believe that this keyboard has problems as well.

On another note, SURPRISE! They scratched the upper lid next to the glowing ROG logo. Do you guys have any advice on removing the scratch, and what product would be best suited for this?

Hope to hear from some peeps soon 😛
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
***moved to notebook area***

Generally the keyboard should work out of the box. It may loosen over time but if keys are sticking I would complain. Also if you try to repair a scratch and make it worse you wouldn't be able to get it repaired, so be careful. I would raise your concerns with support before you do anything.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for the response.

FrostBytE091
Level 7
Good day. I found another possible issue from the service done on my laptop.

Again, this is for the ROG G752VSK. On the back, the laptop has that huge red exhaust where the heat comes out of. Behind the primary red cage-like openings, there is another sort of cage which can be seen in the picture. I compared it to my friend's brand new laptop, which is the same as mine, and it seems that the inside cage of mine is slightly lifted. I guess they didn't put it fully into place at the service? Anyway, if I open the top cover of the exhaust, can I just push the inside cage back into place?

I believe that inside cage is your heat sink I would be very careful what you do with it.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

xeromist
No clue on that one. If you don't get a response here from another owner I would look at teardown videos on youtube to see how those vents are mounted.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

FrostBytE091
Level 7
Ok. Thanks for replying guys