cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic studio stops working on W10 1709

Seirim
Level 7
Hello everyone :
I have an asus Rampage V extreme u3.1 and since a few days the Sonic Studio stops working when trying to use the equalizer inside the SupremeFX panel, only and updated the drivers of the Nvidia 1080 GPU to the 388.59 version, someone else happens ? Any idea to repair it? Thank you very much
11 REPLIES 11

Chino wrote:
Are you using the latest audio driver?

Yes, the latest version downloaded from the official page of asus rampage v extreme u3.1

JustinThyme
Level 13
I had to reinstall it, and a lot of other apps. 1709=worst update in M$ history. Not so much the annoying new feature to relaunch open apps that causes a lot of UAC prompts but the way it caused a lot of apps and drivers to fail requiring reinstall.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for the feedback :
The truth is that I do not know where to start, today I consider buying an Asus Rampage V extreme u3.1 has been one of my worst mistakes since I have PC (approximately 12 or 13 years of experience) and had many problems with this plate, random reboots, incompatibilities with hardware and now it seems that also with software, but this last I think it is more for Asus's sloppiness that does not update its custom drivers. The sound of this board goes beyond the horrible and its software accompanies it. A couple of months ago I opened a thread explaining my problems with Astro a50 gen 3, they were disconnected and my friends stopped hearing me through Teamspeack or Discord, moments later that was accompanied by a random reboot of the system without leaving any kind of residue in the system, I tried everything even change the base of the Astro a50 gen 3, my problem ended when I sold my Astro a50, the friend who has them now has no problem with them, it seems incredible that a headset like the Astro a50 can not be used on a motherboard like the Asus Rampage V extreme, it will happen that you do not have more restarts since you sold them? .
After the sale of my Astro I decided to change them for a Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2, the headphones are incredible now the sound leaves much to be desired and you never finish configuring them, since you configure them and they are perfect in some games and horrible in others, How can this be? So I'm continuously using the Sonic studio to change the sound according to the game I use, everything was fine my PC was already updated to Windows 10 v1709 and everything worked fine until the Nvidia update 388.59 there is the sonic studio stopped working with just pass the mouse pointer over the equalizer, and reinstalled drivers, and changed to other older without giving results, the rest of the panel of SupremeFX works normally, without taking into account that many times when starting the PC tells me that I have incompatibility in sound and when I open the SupremeFX panel my surprise is that the 7.1 configuration is all reset and is configured in stereo, never had problems of this kind on a motherboard, many are minor problems and others I am completely sure that they would be solved with good updates and support from Asus, support that is non-existent, for my part asus lost a client who had always been faithful .
Now I also have to read in this same forum that an update of the bios, specifically the 3801 is frying the processors and how it will be predicted Asus will wash his hands. Guys, do not you think this can not continue? that a motherboard like the Asus Rampage V extreme that is supposed to be or was the flagship of a large company and being one of the most expensive in the market this abandoned (I think it is abandoned because Asus gives it for lost since there will be given the great crap that is selling as a motherboard, but still selling) this is inadmissible, you look at the forum of asus and this plate and platform (x99) is the one that has more open threads and which gives more problems.
I feel the parrafada and feel and I apologize for my English, it is not my language, I am Spanish, I send a strong greeting to all. Thank you and I hope you can help me even if it corresponds to Asus.

Seirim wrote:
Thanks for the feedback :
The truth is that I do not know where to start, today I consider buying an Asus Rampage V extreme u3.1 has been one of my worst mistakes since I have PC (approximately 12 or 13 years of experience) and had many problems with this plate, random reboots, incompatibilities with hardware and now it seems that also with software, but this last I think it is more for Asus's sloppiness that does not update its custom drivers. The sound of this board goes beyond the horrible and its software accompanies it. A couple of months ago I opened a thread explaining my problems with Astro a50 gen 3, they were disconnected and my friends stopped hearing me through Teamspeack or Discord, moments later that was accompanied by a random reboot of the system without leaving any kind of residue in the system, I tried everything even change the base of the Astro a50 gen 3, my problem ended when I sold my Astro a50, the friend who has them now has no problem with them, it seems incredible that a headset like the Astro a50 can not be used on a motherboard like the Asus Rampage V extreme, it will happen that you do not have more restarts since you sold them? .
After the sale of my Astro I decided to change them for a Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2, the headphones are incredible now the sound leaves much to be desired and you never finish configuring them, since you configure them and they are perfect in some games and horrible in others, How can this be? So I'm continuously using the Sonic studio to change the sound according to the game I use, everything was fine my PC was already updated to Windows 10 v1709 and everything worked fine until the Nvidia update 388.59 there is the sonic studio stopped working with just pass the mouse pointer over the equalizer, and reinstalled drivers, and changed to other older without giving results, the rest of the panel of SupremeFX works normally, without taking into account that many times when starting the PC tells me that I have incompatibility in sound and when I open the SupremeFX panel my surprise is that the 7.1 configuration is all reset and is configured in stereo, never had problems of this kind on a motherboard, many are minor problems and others I am completely sure that they would be solved with good updates and support from Asus, support that is non-existent, for my part asus lost a client who had always been faithful .
Now I also have to read in this same forum that an update of the bios, specifically the 3801 is frying the processors and how it will be predicted Asus will wash his hands. Guys, do not you think this can not continue? that a motherboard like the Asus Rampage V extreme that is supposed to be or was the flagship of a large company and being one of the most expensive in the market this abandoned (I think it is abandoned because Asus gives it for lost since there will be given the great crap that is selling as a motherboard, but still selling) this is inadmissible, you look at the forum of asus and this plate and platform (x99) is the one that has more open threads and which gives more problems.
I feel the parrafada and feel and I apologize for my English, it is not my language, I am Spanish, I send a strong greeting to all. Thank you and I hope you can help me even if it corresponds to Asus.

Maybe you could have tried the audio drivers of the ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10. For example, Chipset drivers are also valid for the r5e.
You can also update the drivers from the Device Manager by right clicking on the drivers and selecting update by Windows update. It helps for USB drivers and Intel systems devices for example.
It can also help for LAN drivers.

cekeu wrote:
Maybe you could have tried the audio drivers of the ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10. For example, Chipset drivers are also valid for the r5e.
You can also update the drivers from the Device Manager by right clicking on the drivers and selecting update by Windows update. It helps for USB drivers and Intel systems devices for example.

It's not because I'm going to update to 3801, it's because I think it's very important that a bios update can burn a CPU, just read the thread of this same forum, and if it does not burn it is not normal to have these problems with a Bios, I've never seen them on any other motherboard. Thank you very much for your suggestions, some things I've already done, I just need to test the audio drivers of the Ramaga v edition 10

cekeu wrote:

I just confirmed that the audio drivers of the Rampage V edition 10 are not valid for the Asus rampage V extreme u3.1 if someone has another idea, Thanks

Ok guys, I found the problem and found the solution, which caused the Sonic studio to close with error, is the Riva tuner and / or MSI afterburner. when closing these 2 programs, the equalizer returns to work without problems, as well as any option of Sonic studio, Thanks for everything, I hope that if someone has the same problems this can help

cekeu
Level 12
Oddly enough the BIOS 3801 is not on the soppurt of the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U 3.1. However I think it should not rush to update the BIOS if the system is stable with peripherals