cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues with Enabling XMP Profile on Rampage V 10 X99 Motherboard

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
I need assistance I have a hard time setting up the XMP Profile on the UEFI Advance Overclock setting. I even change the voltage on my DRAM to 1.35volts it still failed to post. This is the specs of my rig. The memory I use is CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000)
I can hit 4.5ghz easy but the XMP Profile is an issue for me
https://valid.x86.fr/en2hwb
8 REPLIES 8

JustinThyme
Level 13
Often XMP doesnt play nicely.
First thing to do is see if it will run XMP with everything else at stock.
If yes then its not the RAM or the XMP.
Sometimes you cant have your cake and eat it too. A lot has to do with the stability of the CPUs Cache.
Have you OCd the cache and if so did you bump the cache volatage at all?

There are times where XMP wont work period and you are best off setting things manually and bumping up a little at a time.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Often XMP doesnt play nicely.
First thing to do is see if it will run XMP with everything else at stock.
If yes then its not the RAM or the XMP.
Sometimes you cant have your cake and eat it too. A lot has to do with the stability of the CPUs Cache.
Have you OCd the cache and if so did you bump the cache volatage at all?

There are times where XMP wont work period and you are best off setting things manually and bumping up a little at a time.

I also tried the XMP Profile while everything in stock and it failed to post. Also how much voltage should I put on the CPU cache voltage?

ReaperOneSIx wrote:
I also tried the XMP Profile while everything in stock and it failed to post. Also how much voltage should I put on the CPU cache voltage?

Try removing three modules and enable XMP. See if it works.

Also are you on the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Chino wrote:
Try removing three modules and enable XMP. See if it works.

Also are you on the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Yes. Just to let you know in my old EVGA X99 Classified I had no problem enabling XMP but I do have an issue with it regarding Asus Rampage V 10 Edition. Nevermind I fix it I had to use Mode 3 on Rampage Tweaker

https://valid.x86.fr/3ebs25

Vlada011
Level 10
You are invalids or what. You need XMP???
Most of time you could better than Automatic Intel Xtreme Memory Profile at least 10% with manual settings.
Sometimes boards don't want to run XMP or even to load Frequency from Specification because on default frequency load Speed Timmings.
Than you should trick motherboard, first set higher timmings, than save BIOS and enter in Windows, than restart again and change Frequency on Specification, if everything pass nice, you could continue to search for lower timmings, example Speed Timmings on Fabric Frequncy...
My XMP profile is 2666MHz 15-17-17 2T. Why to run XMP when manual I could set 2666MHz 15-15-15 1T.

Vlada011 wrote:
You are invalids or what. You need XMP???
Most of time you could better than Automatic Intel Xtreme Memory Profile at least 10% with manual settings.
Sometimes boards don't want to run XMP or even to load Frequency from Specification because on default frequency load Speed Timmings.
Than you should trick motherboard, first set higher timmings, than save BIOS and enter in Windows, than restart again and change Frequency on Specification, if everything pass nice, you could continue to search for lower timmings, example Speed Timmings on Fabric Frequncy...
My XMP profile is 2666MHz 15-17-17 2T. Why to run XMP when manual I could set 2666MHz 15-15-15 1T.

No need to give me rude response

ReaperOneSIx wrote:
No need to give me rude response

Sorry friend, I really didn't mean in that contest.
I was joke. Sorry if I make you to fill bad.

I only want to say that you could reach better results with manual OC.
Auto XMP is for girls. People even RMA memory or board because can't load XMP.
And big percent of them could set exactly same results as XMP or even better.

Menthol
Level 14
Reaper, glad you got it sorted, any other questions don't hesitate to ask