cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding motherboard

LiriC
Level 7
Hello,
For 2/3 days now I seem to have a "problem" with my motherboard and that would be that it stays at 108 - 113 celcius.
Exactly 4 days ago I decided to play a game and I from time to time open speecy on the second monitor to look at the spikes etc etc but for like 6 months now the temperatures never moved that much so I stopped and for some reason as I said 4 days ago I opened it again while in the game and the temp were all normal.. cpu at around 40/50 .. motherboard 30/34 .. video 40/50 ... so nothing strange.
But 2/3 days ago while I was talking with someone on skype I decided to open it just to look at some things.. so the pc wasant even in load.. and surprise .. the motherboard was at 113... but I was a bit socket .. the vents were not pumping hard.... nothing was making any noise ... and I thought about a windows update that I had exactly 2/3 days ago.. so I kinda figured that because of the update something must have gotten screwed somewhere

Now.. I started looking for all the programs that you can name that detects the temperatures.. they all sayd that my motherboard is at 113C .. my friend told me to go in bios and check there as well... so that's what I did... I restarted went in bios and there the temp was normal. 30C.

I shut down the pc.. and opened speecy fast... and it showed 111C with nothing opened... I went fast in bios .. in bios it went down at 24/29.

Again .. my friend told me to get something that detects temperatures from my brand... I have a "ASUSTeK Z97-K" so that's what I did.. I got the SUIT.. and surprise .. motherboard at 28 - 30 - 35C .. 35 in load... CPU at 40 in load.

What's going on ? should I be worried or something ? when I have the browser on .. and a program .. or watch a movie.. the fans are silent... and the motherboard shows a whoping 111C .... only when I go in a game and with load the fans start.

Did something happen because of the windows update ? or did something happen because of the motherboard and if so should I have it checked/replaced ?

As another info.. when I go in full load and I run some games on max settings.. the temperature never jumps past 113 in speecy... and in SUIT .. it stops at 35... cpu and video card jump randomly ,, although I did notice that the CPU readings are way off from the SUIT and with the speecy . ( or other programs for that matter )

Could use some advice on what to do here.... I keep the pc in full load at times from 5 hours to 8 / 10 hours. and I cant say that I notice something different from the time I noticed the spike in the motherboard...

Another note to be made.. although not sure it has any value to it .. I keep the second monitor connected in the motherboard but I've been doing this for a year now without any issue... so this should have no real informational value.
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
Maybe Speccy is reporting the wrong temperature. At 113C, your system would have auto-shutdown itself to protect the CPU.

Have you tried monitoring your temperature with another utility? Say HWMonitor?

Menthol
Level 14
It must be software issue, your system would auto shut down due to temps at 110c., your APP is probably not compatible with Windows FCU
Only use one monitor program at a time or you will have conflicts
Download either HWInfo, or AIDA64 and check temps, or you can use AISuite

I used HWInfo or HWMonitor and they all show the same temp as speecy.. and on AISuite it shows the motherboard as I'm submiting this reply the fans are silent and speecy is telling me 114C and AIsuite is telling me 26C .