cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The driver could not find a compatible graphic hardware - ROG ZEPHYRUS

samok
Level 7
When i try to install the new 388.59 driver, my laptop the Asus ROG Zephyrus with a GTX 1080 does get this message:

The driver could not find a compatible graphic hardware

i never had any problems with former drivers. Even the driver which came before this one is still running perfectly. Every official driver worked so far.

anyone also the same problem?
8 REPLIES 8

VixusFoxy
Level 8
Yes, I am experiencing this too. I'm unable to update my drivers, and as such cannot run my Oculus Rift at this point in time on the BETA channel.
The best part about ASUS ROG's $4000± Zephyrus GX501 laptops is undeniably, that
[they] [come] [with] [built-in airbags]
which take about 7 to 10 months to deploy. And can not be removed by the user, because that voids the warranty.
But that's an easter egg that ASUS won't admit exists, so don't tell anyone. 🙂

No one here can help with that. Report it in the Geforce driver forum thread for this driver release

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
I will report it to our technical support department to confirm.
Thank you.

This issue will be resolved in the next official nvidia driver release. See https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1030769/geforce-drivers/official-388-59-game-ready-whql-dis...

My friends,

I was having the same problem as you! I bought Zephyrus gx 501 VIK (gtx 1080) and could not update the graphics driver from version 382 to version 388.59. But after looking in youtube tutorials how to modify the dev of the board, various installers, talk to the represented of Asus and Geforce, uninstall the board by DDU, reinstall windows etc. In my last call at the phone an agent named Syed helped me sort it out.

It was trying to install old versions and not the last one. and I got it with version 388.31.

We just went on the site and selected manual search, geforce cards, gtx 1080 notebook (n), win 10 64 and solved.

In the last version 388.59 is already running internally with nvidia and has a incompatibility with zephyrus

I hope I have helped, I have lost the whole weekend on it.

jorgeselemhaddad wrote:
My friends,

I was having the same problem as you! I bought Zephyrus gx 501 VIK (gtx 1080) and could not update the graphics driver from version 382 to version 388.59. But after looking in youtube tutorials how to modify the dev of the board, various installers, talk to the represented of Asus and Geforce, uninstall the board by DDU, reinstall windows etc. In my last call at the phone an agent named Syed helped me sort it out.

It was trying to install old versions and not the last one. and I got it with version 388.31.

We just went on the site and selected manual search, geforce cards, gtx 1080 notebook (n), win 10 64 and solved.

In the last version 388.59 is already running internally with nvidia and has a incompatibility with zephyrus

I hope I have helped, I have lost the whole weekend on it.

I've been doing this for 20 years. Just go to Nvidia website GeForce get this auto update driver: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

You are not required to download from ASUS for the graphic driver. It is actually the same exact driver. The software will now auto update your to 390.xx driver and so on when new one comes out.

Guys do you easily download the driver for the graphic card from geforce experience?? Because from the support told me I have to install just the old asus ones!
Thanks!

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi all

This is because NVIDIA forgot to join the GX501VIK HWID at 388.59.
Please download 388.71 driver, it can be installed properly.
Thank you.