cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS 970PRO Gaming/Aura Support Loop

Eleiyas
Level 10
I need some help regarding an ASUS product. I purchased an ASUS 970 GAMING/AURA motherboard back in May from NewEgg and it has now decided to start producing some weird issues.

I contacted ASUS Holland about it and they said that for an RMA, I needed to go through the retailer (despite me having a warranty for the device through ASUS). On NewEgg's website it says that my order is past the return date, which ASUS said should have nothing to do with the warranty.

However, according to NewEgg, if my device is past the return period, then it does mean that I can no longer RMA/Return the board through them. They even had the cheek to ask me to get it repaired from a local repair shop / third party.

This means I am currently stuck in a loop.

- ASUS wont take charge of my case because they say NewEgg needs to file for an RMA.

- NewEgg wont take charge of my case because it's past return date and that ASUS needs to deal with it.

In my current situation, I am either left with an expensive faulty board, which is no more useful than a coffee-cup coaster, or I need to pay-out to have the board repaired by a 3rd party.

What's the point of having a warranty if it's useless?

-----

I do not have an RMA# or any such details, only a SN#.
0 REPLIES 0