cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strix 1060 idle temps???

ddmeltzer8
Level 7
Hello,beautiful forum.
My strix 1060 runs at 55-60 c when idle and I feel its a bit hot...I am using msi afterburner for monitoring without any OC at all!Everything is default.
I have also noticed that the fan keeps "pulsing" where it didnt before.It doesnt matter how I set the fan profile.But its not all the time,very random.Its very annoying!

I appreciate all help I get!
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
Idle temperatures vary depending on your ambient temprature and airflow inside your case. It's normal for the GPU to get around 55-60C because the 0db function doesn't turn on the fans until temperature reach a certain limit. If you prefer the lowest idle temperature possible, you can modify the fan curve. GPU Tweak II has different profiles for the GPU. Or you can manually make your own in the program of your choice.

Chino wrote:
Idle temperatures vary depending on your ambient temprature and airflow inside your case. It's normal for the GPU to get around 55-60C because the 0db function doesn't turn on the fans until temperature reach a certain limit. If you prefer the lowest idle temperature possible, you can modify the fan curve. GPU Tweak II has different profiles for the GPU. Or you can manually make your own in the program of your choice.

Thanks,but IO dont think u understood the question.
Anyway,I contacted ASUS and they came to the conclusion that the card is faulty.So I'm going to return it.I have had several issues with ASUS hw recently and dont think I will ever buy ASUS again.
What card do u use?
R u happy with it?
Cheers.