cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Hero WiFi no POST

mrmaples
Level 7
Right, so, the short version of my problem. Last Thursday everything was going fine until I got a BSOD and an instant restart, and my computer wouldn't POST. Q code 90, VGA light lit. RMAd board to ASUS, but I couldn't wait so I bought a brand new board, same make and model, same problem. Bought a new graphics card (RX 460) to use as a test, same problem. Replaced the power supply and cables, same problem. Tried with no storage attached, same problem. Only thing left I can think of is the CPU, but it passes the boot tests...

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero WiFI
AMD Ryzen R7 1800X w/ Corsair H115i
2x8GB G.Skill Flare DDR4-3200
Sapphire Radeon Fury Nano
Samsung 960 Pro 500GB NVMe SSD, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
SeaSonic SSR-750TD 750w 80 Plus Titanium PSU
3 REPLIES 3

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
Try reseat, the ram, GPU, cpu and cpu cooler. (Try not fully tightening the screws and giving it a wiggle side to side to ensure all pins make proper contact.)

Also try a different PCIe slot. Have you got the auxiliary power connected? (Although I think thats a 62.)

unknownmiscreant wrote:
Try reseat, the ram, GPU, cpu and cpu cooler. (Try not fully tightening the screws and giving it a wiggle side to side to ensure all pins make proper contact.)

Also try a different PCIe slot. Have you got the auxiliary power connected? (Although I think thats a 62.)

Reseated everything when I swapped mothereboards, tried both PCIe x16 slots, have all board power connectors and GPU connectors attached. Everything worked perfectly form July 5th to November 28th.

Alright, so, the problem was indeed the processor, most likely the integrated PCIe controller. I bought an R3 1300X and it works like a charm. I encourage ASUS to look into this as the error code indeed showed a VGA problem and not a CPU problem, and it cost me $19 in a useless motherboard RMA.