Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Shut down fix is rather easy, disable fast start up.....done.
    When you buy the most expensive X299 board and install the latest BIOS from the web site (1002) which causes shutdown problem is not OK. Even that you easily find the resolution from the forums.

When BIOS is causing this basic problems, the probability of having some more serious issues are very high (as what I'm experiencing), as a software developer I'm amazed with the quality of the BIOS. There is nothing you can defend on Asus on it, if you buy a new car which you can't turnoff or star do you think it's a acceptable? Do you think it's acceptable that you need to read forums and do some workarounds on very basic function? Asus rushed unfinished product (BIOS is possible to upgrade, but it needs stable enough for the release), simple as that. People should return and RMA their boards to put pressure to Asus and not accept this situation.

Sorry, but honestly I have last seen this kind of problems when I was running Windows 95 (I'm not kidding) but in 2017 you can't shutdown the computer from the latest BIOS without workarounds... It's good that some are happy with the board

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array restsugavan PC Specs
    restsugavan PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorCore i9 7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB GSKILL TRIDENT-Z RGB 3200
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG POSEIDON 1080Ti
    MonitorSAMSUNG UD590D
    Storage #1INTEL600P 1TB
    Storage #2WD 4TB External HDD
    CPU CoolerNZXT KRAKEN 62
    CaseCorsair Carbine 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Microsoft
    Mouse Microsoft
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Sony
    OS Windows 10 2019 Insider Preview 19002.1
    Network RouterD-LINK

Quote Originally Posted by grayl View Post
    When you buy the most expensive X299 board and install the latest BIOS from the web site (1002) which causes shutdown problem is not OK. Even that you easily find the resolution from the forums.

When BIOS is causing this basic problems, the probability of having some more serious issues are very high (as what I'm experiencing), as a software developer I'm amazed with the quality of the BIOS. There is nothing you can defend on Asus on it, if you buy a new car which you can't turnoff or star do you think it's a acceptable? Do you think it's acceptable that you need to read forums and do some workarounds on very basic function? Asus rushed unfinished product (BIOS is possible to upgrade, but it needs stable enough for the release), simple as that. People should return and RMA their boards to put pressure to Asus and not accept this situation.

Sorry, but honestly I have last seen this kind of problems when I was running Windows 95 (I'm not kidding) but in 2017 you can't shutdown the computer from the latest BIOS without workarounds... It's good that some are happy with the board
    Keep cool down buddy. I used RAMPAGE Series for a long times ago. RAMPAGE is RAMPAGE styles.

I think on RAMPAGE VI Extreme timeline period there are more challenge to many board manufactures.
    The flagship Core i9 7980XE released beyond many boards arrived to market. Some boards couldn't working withit day one.

My system had that problem too. However with 0802 bios flashback and replace PSU (AX1200i) with the new one.
    It is OK! and running great.

The situation was not like normal pattern according to former flagship CPU from Intel like 3960X 5960X which pre-release before many manufactures had
    release their X79/X99 boards to market or same timeline with it.

At this position we stayed. All of X299 board has issue Intel SA-00086 vulnerable and waiting to fix by all manufactures. The 1004 BIOS is not represent
    final performance of Core i9 7980XE on every boards on market. In my test the new Intel ME 11.11.50.1422 was better multi-core scaling than what
    11.10.0.1287 on default ASUS and other manufactures use it.

According from former ASUS Rampage Series since X58 chipset. BIOS 2000+ Series of those platform (X58/X79/X99) was the best optimal performance
    for it. For RAMPAGE VI EXTREME now we'd only going first step. Please waiting to touch the amazing performance of RAMPAGE you'll be see.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by restsugavan View Post
    Please waiting to touch the amazing performance of RAMPAGE you'll be see.
    I have too used almost all Rampage versions in the past and yes, I acknowledge that current situation is bad for all (MS, Intel and MB manufacturers). First Intel releasing chipset early in rush which leave Asus and others in difficult position. Then MS released Fall Update which has been one of the most problematic update for Windows 10.

...yes it takes time to sort it out, it might take few months and that's why I'm trying other boards to see if some other boards are more mature than this (can't go any worse than this anyway). I don't want to stay on Z270 or X99 once I got taste of 7980XE

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Brother you really need to get it together and straight before ranting. The shut down issue is only there with Win 10 FC update and is NOT BIOS related. If you are a software developer Im Donald Trumps Father.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Im Donald Trumps Father.
    Hi Trumps father!
    Stop making "false" news!

Shutdown issue is fixed with BIOS update, it could be also fault of Fall Update or combination of both but on this current situation I call this as BIOS bug.

Do you call other Fall Update problems as MS problem or BIOS? MS Software engineers call this as bug in BIOS. Maybe Trumps father knows better

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Hi Trumps father!

Shutdown issue is fixed with BIOS update, it could be also fault of Fall Update or combination of both but on this current situation I call this as BIOS bug.

Do you call other Fall Update problems as MS problem or BIOS? MS Software engineers call this as bug in BIOS. Maybe Trumps father knows better
    Most rational people would find the root of the bug before calling it anything.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array CharlieH PC Specs
    CharlieH PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT75 TITAN-094
    MotherboardAsus Dominus Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Xeon W-3175X
    Memory (part number)128GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3466C16Q2-128GTZR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    MonitorHP LP 3065
    Storage #12x 1TB Samsung 970 PRO PCIe NVMe SSD VROC Raid 0
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity WS - Narrow ILM
    CaseMountainMods Extended Ascension CYO - Custom Computer Case
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series, AX1500i and AX1200i
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear XS712T and Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG GeForce RTX Nvlink Bridge with Aura Sync RGB 4 Slot Graphic Cards ROG-NVLINK-4
    Accessory #2 EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme
    Accessory #3 2x HEATKILLER® IV for ASUS RTX 2080 Ti STRIX - ACRYL

I agree this MB and BIOS is the worst I have ever experienced from ASUS. Not to mention other issues like the VROC key etc. This is my last purchase of ASUS tech. I still have to double boot due to VROC and Hyper-V with the latest BIOS and Windows version. I cant OC at all with VROC and Hyper-V etc. Early or not this has been a very bad experience for me and the cost is very high for terrible experiences not just a few issues but a plethora of issues. So I agree with many of the posters out here I am sorely disappointed in ASUS they used to put out much better MBs/BIOS and they never took so long to iron issues out that did come up.

ROG Enthusiast Array vennacher PC Specs
    vennacher PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage IV Black Edition
    ProcessorCore i7 3970x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 64GB CMZ64GX3M8A1866C9
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX690
    Sound CardSoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
    MonitorHP LP3065
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseSilverStone TJ07
    OS Windows 10

I also had issues with the Fall Creators update with booting and stability. Don't have an RIVE, but do have an R$BE and they are reasonably close for comparison. My rig is nearing 5 years old and for awhile I thought something major was failing. It took me about a month to troubleshoot, finally nailing the last piece down last week.

The only thing that kept me from swapping parts was that the only change between and functioning system and non-functioning system was the Fall Creators Update, earlier versions were fine.

Do you have a connected USB device? Are you using Vcore offset mode? These 2 things were my bane after the Fall Creators Update install. My flash card reader (has a Genesys controller) does not work with the Fall Creators update. Driver Power State Failure blue screens, and long boot times. Disconnected it and these problems went away. Maybe it was on the verge of failing??? even though it seemed to work fine with earlier versions. Second issue, can no longer use Vcore offset mode with C-states enabled and needed also to increase the + offset. The issue is with idle voltages. Can only speculate that the Fall Creators Update changed something in how windows manages power savings. This sometimes manifest itself hanging between post and windows start up, sometimes while reading email or other light load. Somethings my system just hung, others it would outright blue screen. Most common BSODs were WHEA and Watchdog Timeout. Best solution for me was to switch to a fixed voltage.
    MB : Rampage IV BE. - Bios 0801
    CPU : i7 3970x @ 4500 MHz, Offset +0.030v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 750, C1E Enabled, C3/C6/C7 Disabled
    CPU VCCSA: Manual 1.150v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 500
    RAM : Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 MHz - 64GB
    Disks : Raid0 2x Intel 520 480GB; 2x Seagate 2TB
    GFX : EVGA GTX690
    Audio : Creative X-FI Titanium HD
    PSU : Corsair AX1200i
    Optic BD\DVD : Lite-On Blu-Ray; Samsung DVDRW
    Cooler\Case : Corsair H100i v2 2; Silverstone TJ07

ROG Enthusiast Array vennacher PC Specs
    vennacher PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage IV Black Edition
    ProcessorCore i7 3970x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 64GB CMZ64GX3M8A1866C9
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX690
    Sound CardSoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
    MonitorHP LP3065
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseSilverStone TJ07
    OS Windows 10

Doh! Sorry for my dyslexia. I read Rampage VI as Rampage IV. Just ignore my last post.
    MB : Rampage IV BE. - Bios 0801
    CPU : i7 3970x @ 4500 MHz, Offset +0.030v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 750, C1E Enabled, C3/C6/C7 Disabled
    CPU VCCSA: Manual 1.150v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 500
    RAM : Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 MHz - 64GB
    Disks : Raid0 2x Intel 520 480GB; 2x Seagate 2TB
    GFX : EVGA GTX690
    Audio : Creative X-FI Titanium HD
    PSU : Corsair AX1200i
    Optic BD\DVD : Lite-On Blu-Ray; Samsung DVDRW
    Cooler\Case : Corsair H100i v2 2; Silverstone TJ07

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Hi Trumps father!

Trumps father does know better.
    Machines run fine until FC update and there is no issue with failure to shut down or UAC prompts on restart. Install new FC update and you get problems. The turds in trumps toilet could figure that one out much less a so called software developer that is running a known unstable FC in the first place.....
    At the risk of sounding political...
    MS is known to have a leftist mindset to where EVERYTHING is someone else's fault. This is no exception. How about the fact that a great deal of machines where the FC update fails to complete? Or the massive majority of apps and drivers that have to be reinstalled after? I guess those are all on anything but M$? The fails of FC are atrocious and all over multiple forums. Personally I prefer to run the latest builds and Im on 1703. The insider previews were more stable than the final product!!
    Im not saying new technology and early adopters don't have their share of issues, I am saying that none of yours are on the BIOS. They are user error and OS related.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast