Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by vennacher View Post
    Doh! Sorry for my dyslexia. I read Rampage VI as Rampage IV. Just ignore my last post.
    ...guess what, I just looked over my friends computer who was using my previous MB, Rampage IV (X79, tested with the latest bios 4901). It had all the same problems with FCU as I did with Rampage VI.

    It's easy to test if FCU is working correctly or not.

    After clean install open Edge and write "hwinfo" to the address bar and click the first result from the bing (https://www.hwinfo.com). When you click the link, almost every time Edge freezes. If it opens without freezing, click download and download installer link. From there click FossHub (Fast CDN), in this link Edge will freeze always if FCU has problem.

    Other method is installing chrome (usually Edge freeze on this also) and when chrome is installed, visit on some web site and try to create shortcut to the desktop by dragging the link to the desktop. Chrome will freeze.

    In last method, after clean install and type settings on start and windows settings opens. Usually you cannot click any of the icons but if you can it will with high probability freeze when you try to open "Update & security".

    Explorer freezing, file system errors (acl errors), edge freezing... on X79 and X299 boards what I have tested. This is not isolated problem only on X299 but on X79 also which is alarming. It means that FCU breaks on majority of the Asus boards. I should receive board from Asrock soon post updates how things go with that board...

  2. #22
    ROG Enthusiast Array Quozzo PC Specs
    Quozzo PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme 0802
    ProcessorCore i9 7900X delidded 4.9GHz @ 1.26v
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skill Trident Z 3600CL15 @ 1.4v
    Graphics Card #1nVidia 1080Ti FE +175/+750
    Graphics Card #2nVidia 1080Ti FE +150/+500
    MonitorAcer Predator 27" 4K60 IPS G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 2TB 960 EVO NVMe
    Storage #2Corsair MX200 1TB && 1TB Toshiba NVMe
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop - 2x EKWB 480 XE, 1x EKWB 240 XE
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma
    Headset Sades SA903
    Mouse Pad Yes
    OS Windows 10 FCU
    Network RouterVirgin Superhub 3
    Quozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    71

    Quote Originally Posted by grayl View Post
    ...guess what, I just looked over my friends computer who was using my previous MB, Rampage IV (X79, tested with the latest bios 4901). It had all the same problems with FCU as I did with Rampage VI.

    It's easy to test if FCU is working correctly or not.

    After clean install open Edge and write "hwinfo" to the address bar and click the first result from the bing (https://www.hwinfo.com). When you click the link, almost every time Edge freezes. If it opens without freezing, click download and download installer link. From there click FossHub (Fast CDN), in this link Edge will freeze always if FCU has problem.

    Other method is installing chrome (usually Edge freeze on this also) and when chrome is installed, visit on some web site and try to create shortcut to the desktop by dragging the link to the desktop. Chrome will freeze.

    In last method, after clean install and type settings on start and windows settings opens. Usually you cannot click any of the icons but if you can it will with high probability freeze when you try to open "Update & security".

    Explorer freezing, file system errors (acl errors), edge freezing... on X79 and X299 boards what I have tested. This is not isolated problem only on X299 but on X79 also which is alarming. It means that FCU breaks on majority of the Asus boards. I should receive board from Asrock soon post updates how things go with that board...
    The first and only thing I do with Edge is downlaod and install Chrome. I didn't experiance any problems. Dragging a link to the desktop has no issues either. This is on Win10 1709.

  3. #23
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Quozzo View Post
    The first and only thing I do with Edge is downlaod and install Chrome. I didn't experiance any problems. Dragging a link to the desktop has no issues either. This is on Win10 1709.
    What MB and bios you were using?

    For me 1709 did work sometimes, usually when I updated 1703 to 1709. Sometimes 1709 september ISO version installed in stable state (only with VROC drivers and I couldn't install November version in stable manner in with any drivers). If people post their FCU experiences it would be great to know more detailed about the HW and was 1709 installed fresh or updated from 1703.

  4. #24
    ROG Enthusiast Array ExcessiveGBH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    67

    No problem here with Chrome dragging link to desktop.
    But did have another problem with MS update KB4054517, this was stopping Express VPN from opening and some Steam games. Uninstalled and blocked using wushowhide.diagcab.
    Win 10 64 bit Pro 1903
    Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS 1902
    I9-7900X @4.7GHz all cores
    EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
    Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB
    Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe 2TB
    3 x 4TB drives
    1 x 2TB drive
    Nvidia 2 x Sli Titans Pascal @2035Mhz
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz
    Corsair 1200w psu
    Sound Denon AVC-A1
    Panasonic 65 plasma
    Predator XB321HK

  5. #25
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Got the Asrock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE and all problems went away. No more random freezing or any issues EXCEPT Windows 1709 which has the same problems as I was facing with the the Rampage VI Extreme (Edge freezing and some other anomalies).

    Asrock also OC'd more easily and in lower voltages.

    No more Asus for me.

  6. #26
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,858

    Quote Originally Posted by grayl View Post
    Got the Asrock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE and all problems went away. No more random freezing or any issues EXCEPT Windows 1709 which has the same problems as I was facing with the the Rampage VI Extreme (Edge freezing and some other anomalies).

    Asrock also OC'd more easily and in lower voltages.

    No more Asus for me.
    Good luck with Asrock!

    Post up your OC validation with the Asrock with CPUZ validate, bet you I beat it with a RVIE and with lower voltages! NO CPUZ validation and it didnt happen. Mine is in my sig,

    Now go and search any search engine with keywords Asrock fatality X299 random freeze, plenty of hits.
    What everyone seems to be forgetting is this is a new platform and early adopters always get to take a ride on the bug train until its all sorted.

    As for the rest, none of that has a thing to do with the platform and everything to do with a hosed up OS release, not that this is like an islated incident with M$.

    Also FYI you should go check out how many BIOS updates others have had with the X299 platform, including Asrock. We all know that ALL manufacturers had to rush to market and they have all had stability issues. They all have had VRM issues too, Der8auer did a segment on this. Please keep in mind that the design and roadmap is not a manufacturer design, its an Intel design. The manufacturers are tasked with implementing that design and developing a BIOS to make it work, Intel only Does the BIOS on Intel manufactured boards.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 01-08-2018 at 05:18 AM.

  7. #27
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    230

    Quote Originally Posted by grayl View Post
    Immediately after clean install Edge freeze while browsing, explorer hangs when creating shortcut to the desktop... so basically windows build 1709 is not usable.
    About a month ago I had that problem as well with a clean install of FCU on a Rampage VI Apex. Edge itself didn't appear to be frozen however. It would just stop rendering HTML after a few clicks. Couldn't even get far enough to download Chrome or anything else for that matter. The OS was basically a brick.

    Then, I tried to be smart by getting the Chrome installer through another computer and putting it on the Apex. Spent hours afterward trying to troubleshoot Edge. I figured, if that's broken something else deep in the OS probably is going to cause trouble throughout the whole system. Never managed to fix it.

    In the end I chose "Reset this PC" (everything removed, clean install). That fixed it and I basically don't have any problems with FCU.

  8. #28
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Lol...

    Quote Originally Posted by mpoffo View Post
    I will add that I have had issues with the fall creators update as well not allowing for shutdown. Not sure if it board related but I decided to stick with 1703 for now until it matures and things get sorted. Working fine on 1703 with no issues.
    I like how you attribute all issues to the Mobo. I agree the rampage VI effects windows (10) ina few weird ways. It amazes me that you didn't ... go into the OS settings and immediately blame the bios as well. So I fixed every issue you're talking a bout by.. you know - looking it up on google. The not shutting down thing did have me worried but why don't you check out sleep/power advanced settings and disable hybrid mode and allowing things to wake the PC up. Good luck - maybe don't blame the mobo for the OS's issues.

  9. #29
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Possibly

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Shut down fix is rather easy, disable fast start up.....done.
    I have heard this a lot but I didn't have to do it to fix the issue. Just power settings: don't allow wake ups and disable hybrid sleep.

  10. #30
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array CharlieH PC Specs
    CharlieH PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT75 TITAN-094
    MotherboardAsus Dominus Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Xeon W-3175X
    Memory (part number)128GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3466C16Q2-128GTZR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    MonitorHP LP 3065
    Storage #12x 1TB Samsung 970 PRO PCIe NVMe SSD VROC Raid 0
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity WS - Narrow ILM
    CaseMountainMods Extended Ascension CYO - Custom Computer Case
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series, AX1500i and AX1200i
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear XS712T and Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG GeForce RTX Nvlink Bridge with Aura Sync RGB 4 Slot Graphic Cards ROG-NVLINK-4
    Accessory #2 EK-VRM ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme
    Accessory #3 2x HEATKILLER® IV for ASUS RTX 2080 Ti STRIX - ACRYL
    CharlieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    250

    Quote Originally Posted by grayl View Post
    Got the Asrock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE and all problems went away. No more random freezing or any issues EXCEPT Windows 1709 which has the same problems as I was facing with the the Rampage VI Extreme (Edge freezing and some other anomalies).

    Asrock also OC'd more easily and in lower voltages.

    No more Asus for me.
    That's too funny. Asus started Pegasus/ASRock. Pegasus still build boards for both Asus and ASRock. And Asus and ASRock share IP. So whether you like it or not you never said good bye.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •