cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE6 Dead

fexnok
Level 7
I was working and my RE6 shut itself down.

Led lights are on but start button doesn't do anything. Unplugged everything, reset bios, tried to switch bios versions but can't get it to power on.

Googled it and some people have had luck just by replacing the CMOS battery. Tried to do the same but after removing absolutely every screw in the motherboard, why did they make it so difficult to remove the battery?
Anyway not sure if it uses a standard Lithium battery or if this is rechargable?

Anyway not sure what to do at this stage.

Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

Raja
Level 13
The battery is not a rechargeable type. If you've gone through the standard debugging procedure and cannot test further with spare components, you'll need to rma the board.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The battery is not a rechargeable type. If you've gone through the standard debugging procedure and cannot test further with spare components, you'll need to rma the board.

After hours of testing it seems to be an issue with my Hyper M.2 x16 Card. As soon as I plugged in on any port, the system won't boot up.
I just hope my SSD's and information are ok.

FireRx
Level 11
did you Test you 24 pin connection on you PSU??
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Brighttail
Level 11
When you reset your BIOS you have to change your PCI-e slot that you have the Hyper in BACK to HYPER. If you don't the card won't be recognized thus the m.2s on it won't boot or do anything. I did this after a BIOS upgrade. Forgot I had to switch the PCI-e lane back to the HYPER option.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
When you reset your BIOS you have to change your PCI-e slot that you have the Hyper in BACK to HYPER. If you don't the card won't be recognized thus the m.2s on it won't boot or do anything. I did this after a BIOS upgrade. Forgot I had to switch the PCI-e lane back to the HYPER option.

I think he said no power up at all.....:cool:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

FireRx
Level 11
That's why I was thinking the 3.3v Leg on the 24 pin connector of his PSU. if he has lights he has power. I ask again, did you try a different PSU?
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Yes, I tried a different PSU.

Problem was my hyper card died for no reason. SSD's are ok.
It is almost as if card was in a state of shortcut as MB tries to boot up, you can hear PSU clicking on and then nothing. Next time I press Start it does nothing, MB/PSU get's stuck but lights are on all the time. As soon as I switch PSU off, remove the card and press start everything works.
I have also double checked with card connected and switching on/off ports from PCI switches on MB, same results. Additionally tried with and without SSD's connected to Hyper card. Same results.
Everything else works as before, PSU, memory, CPU, etc

I have to contact ASUS to get an RMA for my card.

FireRx
Level 11
copy,
Good you found the culprit. :cool:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory