Did you mean: 

New bios 1801 RV10E

campires
Level 7
10 REPLIES 10

Vlada011
Level 10
Oeeee, oeeeeeeee hahahaa
Guys, I need help, it's not BIOS but I hope I will get answer when people arrive to check BIOS version.

I have two LAN ports on board, specifications say Intel 218 and 211.
Where is Intel LAN Port i211??? and where is Port 1 and Port 2.

I'm glad that ASUS didn't forgot premium X99 line, RVE and RVE10.
Still launch new BIOS versions, that's good, people like that.
If something new show up, some hardware, M.2, new memory kits manufacturers should optimize and little older boards from high end segment.
Not only newest. That would not be fair.

Vlada011 wrote:

I have two LAN ports on board, specifications say Intel 218 and 211.
Where is Intel LAN Port i211??? and where is Port 1 and Port 2.

Easy.

Connect an Ethernet cable to any of the LAN ports. Then to go Windows Network Devices and see which is which.

Vlada011
Level 10
I completely forgot...
Top is 218, I connect him at the moment,
Bottom is 211 and it's Not Connected at the moment.

Never mind, I checked both are fine.

Hivemind
Level 8
I got a question @ Raja,

Is the RX Vega 64 tested on the RE10 edition ? , i got a lot of problems with the Rx Vega64 Liquid edition on this board..
this is my 3rd Card (RMA the other 2 cards before this one).

The problem that i have is the Vega card randomly causes a Blackscreen. it doesn't matter what i do or what i play it does it random there is no pattern in the behavior.
i tried a lot of different drivers , did a clean install. updated the graphics card Vbios aswell the Bios of the Mainboard (is now 1801 ) but nothing is helping at this moment.

What i would like to know now is this a compatibility issue with Vega and maybe the X99 chipset /or only this mainboard ?
or is this a serious driver issue that amd isn't aware of and is pretty rare ?

The blackscreen appears sometimes within 2 hours , but it can sometimes takes up to around 4 to 6 hours..
the other 2 vega LC that i had displayed the same problem so it all most impossible that the card is defective.

Mmm 17.11.1 WHQL driver seems to hold out at this moment no blackscreen for 2 days..
17.12.1 is no good blackscreen within 1 hour...

Hivemind
Level 8
Nope crashed with blackscreen too, after 3 days 😞

Chino wrote:
Are you using your system at stock defaults?

I have tried a lot

I have tested with the Gskill f4-3200 GTZ at 2133mhz default
CPU on auto (normally it is running 4.2 ghz @1.285V
VCCIO at 1.016V (Default) (auto)
VCCSA at 0.888V if i leave this @ auto @3200mhz memory it goes to a 1.225V and that is way to high according everyone else here, i also tried to set VCCSA @ 1.060V.
Command Rate 1T, i also tried @ 2T but no change.

The strangest thing is that if i put My R9 Fury card back in the system, it is completely stable for months as soon as i put in a Rx Vega 64 LC i got those black screen / sometimes grey screen problems.

My power supply is a Corsair AX1200 i .. so power instability can't be the problem.

Just installed 17.12.2 already had 3 black screens within 2 hours 😞

i'm really out of idea's what to do to stabilize the graphics card.. the only thing i can do to get rid of this is to put back the R9 Fury X

Hivemind wrote:
I have tried a lot

I have tested with the Gskill f4-3200 GTZ at 2133mhz default
CPU on auto (normally it is running 4.2 ghz @1.285V
VCCIO at 1.016V (Default) (auto)
VCCSA at 0.888V if i leave this @ auto @3200mhz memory it goes to a 1.225V and that is way to high according everyone else here, i also tried to set VCCSA @ 1.060V.
Command Rate 1T, i also tried @ 2T but no change.

The strangest thing is that if i put My R9 Fury card back in the system, it is completely stable for months as soon as i put in a Rx Vega 64 LC i got those black screen / sometimes grey screen problems.

My power supply is a Corsair AX1200 i .. so power instability can't be the problem.

Just installed 17.12.2 already had 3 black screens within 2 hours 😞

i'm really out of idea's what to do to stabilize the graphics card.. the only thing i can do to get rid of this is to put back the R9 Fury X

--Update--
I have Locked the Graphics card's memory in it's highest state and manually disabled down clocking.. (driver 17.12.2)
seems to work so far no black screen/grey screen lockups, but i need to test this longer before i'm sure that this is the culprit.

OKe system is now Stable ,so with locked Vga Memory state i can do whatever i want and the system remains stable and it isn't the Mainboards problem.. it seems to be a driver issue with the Vega card .. i saw someone on the amd support forum also having the same problem as me but with a x370 Board .. so it isn't a x99 problem

I will continue on the amd support forum as it seems to be vga/driver related ..