cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build help with pump+rad fan connections on ROG Maximus HERO X

a_cirig
Level 7
All,
Hello, I am in final stages of my first custom PETG loop build and was hoping to get some confirmation from users here in ROG forum before I proceed. I am debating how I should connect my EK RES 140 D5 Pump Combo and Rad fans to my HERO X MOBO headers for optimal use. I was initially planning on using the W_PUMP header but after reading about issues there I now would like to connect my pump to AOI header and then my front rad (GTS 360) fans (3x) from hub to one chassis header and top (GTS 240) rad fans (2x) from hub/splitter to another chassis header. My main question is if I connect the pump to AOI header can I still set it to shutdown on condition if it reads 0 RPM like I understand you can do with CPU header? Also, if I connect rad fans to chassis header can I set them to run off water temp from my installed water temp sensor vs. CPU temp? I am building in 570x so very tight space and it will be very difficult to change the connections once setup so I am hoping to get this right the first time. Appreciate the advice!!
0 REPLIES 0