ROG Junior Member Array

How change 7.1 to 5.1 to stereo

Hi all. Got an Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 and play in PUBG that game doesen't support 7.1 sound. In documentation write "

Regardless of whether your favorite game features 7.1, 5.1, or stereo audio, ROG Centurion will reproduce it in the most optimal, natural way. With just a click of the 7.1/stereo mode toggle switch on the audio station, you can easily change between surround and stereo audio.

true 7.1/stereo mode switch lets you easily select the optimal output mode for the source content

how i can Cahnge sounds mods in my station or ? i whant to set stereo. Please Help me. So ty!
    Last edited by spsfao; 06-04-2018 at 03:57 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by spsfao View Post
    Hi all. Got an Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 and play in PUBG that game doesen't support 7.1 sound. In documentation write "

Regardless of whether your favorite game features 7.1, 5.1, or stereo audio, ROG Centurion will reproduce it in the most optimal, natural way. With just a click of the 7.1/stereo mode toggle switch on the audio station, you can easily change between surround and stereo audio.

true 7.1/stereo mode switch lets you easily select the optimal output mode for the source content

how i can Cahnge sounds mods in my station or ? i whant to set stereo. Please Help me. So ty!
    When you disable the 7.1 mode (by pressing the button on the Control Box) you are in stereo mode.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

The Centurion will not downmix 7.1 content to stereo. Stereo mode is only for stereo content, if 7.1 content is played with stereo mode on, all channels except the front 2 channels will be muted.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    The Centurion will not downmix 7.1 content to stereo. Stereo mode is only for stereo content, if 7.1 content is played with stereo mode on, all channels except the front 2 channels will be muted.
    How is that downmix mode you mentioned being included coming along? Months away or completely forgotten that you ever said that?

"However, we are working on a downmix mode to cater those who only have stereo speakers. There is already a dedicated 7.1/Stereo button on the Audio Station so we will not be changing the GUI.

I will keep everyone up-to-date when the new firmware arrives. "

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHemi View Post
    How is that downmix mode you mentioned being included coming along? Months away or completely forgotten that you ever said that?

"However, we are working on a downmix mode to cater those who only have stereo speakers. There is already a dedicated 7.1/Stereo button on the Audio Station so we will not be changing the GUI.

I will keep everyone up-to-date when the new firmware arrives. "
    Downmix is coming, it's not forgotten. Just want to save people the trouble of checking in every day looking for updates, for now.
    The function will allow users to connect speakers to the Audio Station, so you can switch between the headset and stereo speakers easier using the dedicated button (7.1 speakers are recommended for now).
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 06-15-2018 at 07:50 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Downmix is coming, it's not forgotten. Just want to save people the trouble of checking in every day looking for updates, for now.
    The function will allow users to connect speakers to the Audio Station, so you can switch between the headset and stereo speakers easier using the dedicated button (7.1 speakers are recommended for now).
    Sure I got that. You're hoping as the month's go by, this will be forgotten. What I see is ASUS providing just another example where THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THEIR PREMIUM PRODUCT. So...you're saying maybe check back in 6 months? Ridiculous and you would never accept that if YOU were the customer. Is ASUS so strapped for resources that JUST FIXING ONE SINGLE PREMIUM PRODUCT so taxes their resources that we're looking a nearly a YEAR (likely never). Utterly unacceptable.

ROG Member Array leo91531 PC Specs
    leo91531 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9700K Processor
    Memory (part number)T-froce RGB DDR4 4000 8G*4
    Graphics Card #1Sea Hawk X RTX2080Ti
    Monitor35' 21:9 3440*1440@100Hz
    Storage #1Intel® 760P 256GB SSD
    Storage #2HGST 8TB He HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm
    Power SupplyAntec NeoECO GOLD 750W
    Keyboard ASUS STRIX TACTIC PRO
    Mouse Logic
    Headset ROG CENTURION 7.1
    Headset/Speakers SONY SRS-D5
    OS WIN10 64bit
    Accessory #1 ML120*6

Quote Originally Posted by spsfao View Post

hi spsfao

PUBG is not support 7.1 but it really support 6 channel 3D surround sound.

So your Headsets should set 7.1 and open game setting HRTF is on.

(test PUBG old version support 6 channel)

Quote Originally Posted by leo91531 View Post
    hi spsfao

PUBG is not support 7.1 but it really support 6 channel 3D surround sound.

So your Headsets should set 7.1 and open game setting HRTF is on.

(test PUBG old version support 6 channel)
    The Centurion only works as true 7.1, and not virtual 7.1 or HRTF (emulated 3D environment using 2 drivers). I'd advise to use a pair of stereo headphones if you wish to use HRTF.

PUBG does not utilize the center and subwoofer (0.1) channels, the best way is to request for such support from game developers. We have no control over how many channels games produce. Due to popular request, we are currently working to change selected spectrum modes to improve the bass for games which do not utilize the subwoofer channel. These modes will no longer be true 7.1, but for many game titles it should sound better.

ROG Member Array leo91531 PC Specs
    leo91531 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9700K Processor
    Memory (part number)T-froce RGB DDR4 4000 8G*4
    Graphics Card #1Sea Hawk X RTX2080Ti
    Monitor35' 21:9 3440*1440@100Hz
    Storage #1Intel® 760P 256GB SSD
    Storage #2HGST 8TB He HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm
    Power SupplyAntec NeoECO GOLD 750W
    Keyboard ASUS STRIX TACTIC PRO
    Mouse Logic
    Headset ROG CENTURION 7.1
    Headset/Speakers SONY SRS-D5
    OS WIN10 64bit
    Accessory #1 ML120*6

The Centurion only works as true 7.1, and not virtual 7.1 or HRTF (emulated 3D environment using 2 drivers). I'd advise to use a pair of stereo headphones if you wish to use HRTF.

PUBG does not utilize the center and subwoofer (0.1) channels, the best way is to request for such support from game developers. We have no control over how many channels games produce. Due to popular request, we are currently working to change selected spectrum modes to improve the bass for games which do not utilize the subwoofer channel. These modes will no longer be true 7.1, but for many game titles it should sound better.
    Open HRTF is necessary,HRTF provide Z axis sound effect that can help you Identify sound from up or down.

And open HRTF PUBG still output 6 channel, center and sub channel still not work but won't affect Identify X-Y sound direction.

2.1+PUBG HRTF or 7.1(6)+PUBG HRTF which are better i think i should play more time to test.

We did not develop HRTF, it is not our technology. If you have a good pair of stereo headphones, use HRTF for virtual 7.1. For the Centurion, use true 7.1.