cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion - low volume

übernana
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that some of you might be able to help me with my problem regarding my new Centurion headset.

I bought the Centurion from new a couple of days ago and from the first day I connected it and installed the driver the sound in my oppinion is too low.
I've tried turning up the volume everywhere but it's just not getting very loud.

Have any of you guys experienced the same or is the headset just not capable of playing sounds that high?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Sean
10 REPLIES 10

Grimmjow911666
Level 7
I am having the same issue everything is turned up but it does not seem as loud as it should be

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Are you using the beta firmware?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95885-Beta-FW-testing-for-Centurion-7-1/page4#post702780

If any feedback, please do so in that thread. Thanks.

SorryMyHoney
Level 7
übernana wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that some of you might be able to help me with my problem regarding my new Centurion headset.

I bought the Centurion from new a couple of days ago and from the first day I connected it and installed the driver the sound in my oppinion is too low.
I've tried turning up the volume everywhere but it's just not getting very loud.

Have any of you guys experienced the same or is the headset just not capable of playing sounds that high?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Sean

Try to do what in this thread, it might help you 🙂
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98759-Boosting-the-volume-of-the-Centurion-Headset

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you enable the amplifier (AMP) button on the audio station and adjusted system volume in Windows? (Also check the app or game volume, e.g. Spotify) For what kind of content do you find the volume too low?

I have the same issue. running the beta firmware. everything in the mixer is all the way up, the amp is switched on, main is all the way up, tried the audio boost profile trick (made no difference at all even set to 9) and it is just barely at a reasonable listening volume.

white_stormy wrote:
I have the same issue. running the beta firmware. everything in the mixer is all the way up, the amp is switched on, main is all the way up, tried the audio boost profile trick (made no difference at all even set to 9) and it is just barely at a reasonable listening volume.

What content are you listening to? It's generally too loud if volume is turned up to max... Can you also include a screenshot of your Sonic Studio settings?

it's back to being at the normal volume after a couple reboots. it dropped again after i had unplugged the headset from the base. reboot fixed it. haven't been able to replicate it since. what i noticed was in the volume mixer the audio level only hoovered at max ten percent under the headset while any source with sound was bouncing around full. after the reboot they all matched.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
In case you haven't already, make sure you have both USB connectors plugged in. One is fine for typical use, but occasionally it's possible for the headset to demand more than 500mA.

can i use a usb 3.1 port to run the headset?