cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Sync software corrupting SPD on Aura Sync Certified DRAM Sticks

SherardG
Level 7
Hello,

My apologies if this is a duplicate thread, but it seems that Aura Sync certified Trident Z RGB ram sticks' SPD are being corrupted by the software. G.Skill is surely aware of this, but what is ASUS doing in partnership with them?
4 REPLIES 4

AkaNe0
Level 10
SherardG wrote:
Hello,

My apologies if this is a duplicate thread, but it seems that Aura Sync certified Trident Z RGB ram sticks' SPD are being corrupted by the software. G.Skill is surely aware of this, but what is ASUS doing in partnership with them?

Does this happen on your system with the Maximus X Hero? If so, please help to take some screenshots.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Does this happen on your system with the Maximus X Hero? If so, please help to take some screenshots.

Yes, with the Maximus X Hero. CPU-Z reading:

CPU-Z bench with SPDs ok:

https://valid.x86.fr/ldbc7n

CPU-Z bench now:

https://valid.x86.fr/aag2xs

Since there was already a history on how this happened, I did backup my SPD EEPROM values for each card using Thaiphoon. I rewrote them and all is well with the world, hopefully.

KeksimusMaximus
Level 8
Have you ever installed G.Skill own RGB software?

It's a long standing issue with G.Skill software that itself corrupts SPD of Trident Z RGB RAM when combined with Asus Aura.

I never heard about Asus Aura itself corrupting SPD of Trident Z RGB. Not alone. People who had issues always had Aura + G.Skill software in pair.

For Asus Aura, people found it to actually help with bringing RGB RAM sticks back to life but only if it was installed alone without the G.Skill software.
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

SherardG
Level 7
Hello Kelsimus,

Nope, never installed the G.Skill software, since most of the people running G.Skill DRAM sticks that I know of advise to stay away from the G.Skill lighting software and stick with Aura. Still, I got this issue which is suffice to say, very disappointing. I think ASUS should think twice in marketing "Aura Certified" without extensively testing things.

Anyways, there's some community feedback floating around regarding ASUS software purposefully ignoring SMB interlocks, is this still (or was it even ever) the case? Though in my opinion, it's not really impossible, given that ASUS won't even certify their own software hence the UAC issues on the latest major Win10 update.