cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Literally Impossible to install/reinstall AI Suite 3

fleetfeather
Level 7
I have scoured the internet to find a solution that will work for my system to allow me to install AI Suite 3, all in an effort to control fan speeds on my VII Impact. I've seen many examples of where one (or more) of the below have worked for other users, but none of these have worked for me. The list of instructions I've tried so far is insane:

1. I've installed a fresh copy of Windows on my system
2. I've tried the Cleaner.exe, run in safe mode, after deleting all ASUS contents from Program Files and Program Files (x86)
3. I've unzipped the latest version of AI Suite (with those contents unblocked), and run applied administrative rights to every possible executable within
4. I've tried quitting idle processes like axIns.exe that appear to do nothing in Task Manager
5. I've renamed the unzip folder to something simple
6. I've moved the installation folder to my C: drive

What needs to be done to get this thing to work?
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you are after fan control try using the BIOS instead. Much better alternative.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vlada011
Level 10
AI Suite is nice software but to many time is connected with some of issues and need often reinstallation.
But options are nice, you have everything inside and look cool. But use too much resources and like I sad many time cause some problems.
I use basic softwares CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HWInfo64, HWMonitor, AIDA64, for controlling fans and changing settings I use BIOS mostly.

You can try with AI Suite Cleaner maybe.
Depend how old is version, I'm not sure how work with new AI Suite.

JustinThyme wrote:
If you are after fan control try using the BIOS instead. Much better alternative.

changes in bios using QFan tuning and controls don't appear to stick

Vlada011 wrote:
AI Suite is nice software but to many time is connected with some of issues and need often reinstallation.
But options are nice, you have everything inside and look cool. But use too much resources and like I sad many time cause some problems.
I use basic softwares CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HWInfo64, HWMonitor, AIDA64, for controlling fans and changing settings I use BIOS mostly.

You can try with AI Suite Cleaner maybe.
Depend how old is version, I'm not sure how work with new AI Suite.

As in my original post, I've already tried Cleaner multiple times, and am trying to use the latest build of AI Suite that is listed as compatible with the VII series of motherboards