cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back IO RGB LED lights not functioning on Board

APM-Pixel
Level 7
Hi Guys so i have recently built my PC and everything is working fine on the board minus the back IO lights. i have tried everything to get these to light up and haven't had any luck. i have updated the BIOS and used the flasher tool i have found on this website but still nothing. is there anything you can suggest?

The odd thing the other set of light on the board under the GPU work fine with no problems 😞

i know there is the small RGB header (5 pin one) these lights plug into on the board, is it worth disconnecting this and reconnecting?

i have the ASUS AMD AM4 Ryzen CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 ATX Motherboard.
6 REPLIES 6

Tymarand
Level 7
I'm experiencing the same issue. I've read that this is an ongoing issue (either with the AURA software or the boards themselves). I haven't done any physical inspection yet but I do know they worked at one point.

I have also read somewhere that a Windows Update may have broken it? There is also a firmware reset but I didn't see what for my specific setup. I would like to get my RGBs working as it makes the board look nice.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

-Chris

djbeatstyling
Level 7

djbeatstyling wrote:
hello just recommend to use this tool

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94418-Aura-firmware-reflash-recovery-tool

This still doesn't work for me, can you suggest another fix or should i just return the board to Amazon?

bharathgdk
Level 8
APM-Pixel wrote:
Hi Guys so i have recently built my PC and everything is working fine on the board minus the back IO lights. i have tried everything to get these to light up and haven't had any luck. i have updated the BIOS and used the flasher tool i have found on this website but still nothing. is there anything you can suggest?

The odd thing the other set of light on the board under the GPU work fine with no problems 😞

i know there is the small RGB header (5 pin one) these lights plug into on the board, is it worth disconnecting this and reconnecting?

i have the ASUS AMD AM4 Ryzen CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 ATX Motherboard.

Hi, I have the exact same issue, but with X570E Gaming MoBo, Are you still experiencing this issue ? If not, how were you able to resolve it. Please help!

I had the same issue, on going for 6 months. I managed to made it work by clean i stall windows, 2 months later it stop working (IO shield and RGB header, addressible is fine). I am about to send mine in for RMA, but i guess this is my last Asus motherboard*

Having the same issue for ROG Strix X570-E Gaming. The back IO RGB led is not functioning even though you can see their setting in AURO Sync. Anyplace to officially report these bugs to ASUS?